Broadband Frustration

perce

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've done absolutely nothing to alter my set up.

Today I cranked up my senile old lap top & went online with a wireless connection, bugger me, it went on every site my other pc's can't access. So I took the wireless card out of it & hooked up through a wired connection, bugger me, it didn't work. There's obviously summat wrong with the set up but what?

I've done absolutely nothing to alter my set up.

Today I cranked up my senile old lap top & went online with a wireless connection, bugger me, it went on every site my other pc's can't access. So I took the wireless card out of it & hooked up through a wired connection, bugger me, it didn't work. There's obviously summat wrong with the set up but what?

??????

I can only suggest - go in to a command prompt (cmd) and type "ipconfig /all" using both wireless and wired.

Nothing in there is sensitive info, so you could paste it on here. Your IP addresses will be private ones anyway, hidden behind NAT on the router.

I'm just thinking that maybe there is a DHCP scope for each of them, and maybe DNS settings are different for each?

Still not clear in my mind why, if it's a DNS problem, you'd get to the domain, but then not to pages within it, but would be interesting to see what the settings are.

Have a look in Internet explorer - Tools - Internet Options - Connections - LAN settings and see if any of the tick boxes are checked. Shouldn't need a proxy set, but some virus' have been known to dump a proxy in there and have you going through their proxy for all your browsing. The more usual virus method is to set your DNS to some spoof server which then sends you off to a spoof ebay etc. Still your symptoms don't sound much like that either.

Maybe same firewall on all the devices, but not active on the wireless?