Scott Tips?

overthehill

Now that the entries are posted, how about a few tips to give us the slightest chance of even getting round the course. :rolleyes:B)

what to wear?

what to carry?

if i get a punctuire where is the nearest pub?

how does the petrol work?

do you still tape bananas to your petrol can?

Don't bother wearing your waterproofs all they'll find of you is a puddle where you passed out.

Carry as little as possible. Pump, turds & pusher, adjustable, screw driver & the odd allen key. fasten the lot on the bike if possible.

As you've realised time will be so tight, if you have a major problem a visit to the CB Inn is your best bet.

Petrol checks 1 & 6 are the same so you have one FULL can here.

Checks 2 3 4 & 5 are all individual so you need a can for each of these but only put a tankfull of gas in each one.

You need your number on each can so they are easily found in the checks.

I always fasten a drink to my petrol cans.

Something you no longer need to do is make a number board as the club provide them.

Guest Yamaha_dude

Hmm, dont spoil your own chance perce lol

im pondering, shoul i take a single use camera, a normal camera, or the video camera, im riding my bike so if i fall one will smash, i want to minimalise costs, but i want a video :rolleyes:

Any tips on keeping things safe in a bag?

Oh yes we do, some pillock has nicked drink off my can in the last two Reeth three day Trials,

Scott is a little bit different as the 6 petrol checks aren't self service, each petrol check has a team who dish the fuel out.

seriously -what about a camelbak - have considered it but not tried one out yet.

when you've drunk the contents sometime before petrol check 1 what do you do for the next 6 & a bit hours? Stopping to fill it must waste loads of time?