Youth Nationals

I know what you guys are saying about the coverage, but honestly, if I knew there was not going to be any press, it would not stop me from coming!

Steve, of course we would still come. It's probably our most fun week of the year. My point is without coverage it is less likely to draw new family's, especially those from far away like you and I. That's part of what drew me into taking a 6 year old across that country in 2005, seeing all the kids have fun. Not just in competition, but also in the camp before hand.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hummmm!

Should at least have been a complete results listing in the September TC, yet, at a glance I did not see it!

Pity, as it does mean something to both the ladies and the kids, and it IS of National status!

I know there were some delays, but I did not think it forgotton. Oh well, we got a pic of Ctiy Trials on the cover. He is kinda like a BIG kid! You know, the one your parents warned you about! :):iamwithstupid::wall::beer:

Copey:

I was really hoping that Craig was going to be there, I was looking forward to meeting him! It was however a great time for me seeing old friends, some from as long as 20yrs ago. Kip was great and a laugh as the old days. I was very impressed with the whole Sherco pits! Catherine, Charley and Alex were very gracious hosts, and were instrumental in re-inforcing the idea I had set in my families head, about southern hospitality!!!!!!

I had some great chats with Noel, and got to meet Patrick and introduce my son Matt to him. That was a big deal to him! It was an even greater pleasure for both of us to chat with Cody. I introduced myself as an old friend of his Dads, and told Cody that I last saw him when he was 11 or 12 riding on Vancouver Island. It was cool that he remembered the ride that I took him and Kip on back in 2000, and referred to it as something like the HELL ride! Remember his age at that time! What a great young man, and has so many great qualities from both his Mom and Dad! We were so jazzed that he won the Indoor right in front of us! There is some Canadian blood in that young lad!!!!

I am not sure how many of you know about some of the very special people who attended the Youth Nationals this past year! Some of the names may be familiar and some may not, but all of them have had a major contribution to not only the STRA, but trials in America. See if you recognize some, or all of them. Nelson Crouch and Parker Lowndes. Nelson organized the World Round in TN in the year 1989 I believe, and Parker was a major member in the STRA in the 80s. Steve and Tom McNeal. Steve is one of the best riders in the US to never win the championship! #2 in 85 and just a superb rider and person!Tom, his younger brother, a great rider in his own right, but more known for being a superb bicycle trials rider, also a great person! Last but not least, Chuck and Mike West. Chuck was the Fantic importer for the US for many years, and Mike the High School champ. These are two people who had a great influence in my life as I spent 2yrs living with them when I was sponsored by TMI. I beleive it has been 20yrs since both of them had been to a National. The smiles that I saw on both of them there would make your heart melt! All very special people who in there own way have made major contributions to our sport. Just thought it needed to be noted!

Steve

Edited by Steve Fracy

So a little Birdie gave me the scores, Thanks little birdie.

Youth national scores

There you go boy, good job Chris!

Steve, you are a walking history lesson! As I missed it, it is good to know a bit of this and that! You see, after being totally out of the loop for over 20 years, and never a trials rider untill this decade, I would not recognise an ex pro if he hit me in the back of the head!

Noel and I always chat, Kip likes my margs, the kids are just nuts!

Maybe we need to ask Dan to run a old fart/reunion ride with the youth and women.

We may need to drop the dads back to the 1 line so they can drive home, but I can envision a class building here! Kurt Comer would probably show for that, screw Ryan, he is too young!!!!!and good! :iamwithstupid: Are you over 45 ?

The new Youth, Womens, and Old Farts Nationals! Wow!