Merthyr A & B National

steptoe

Well done to Dai And Kay Bedford and the club members for putting on a great trial on a great bit of land with a good variation in sections.

Yes it was tough, it is a British Championship after all! The breeding ground of future Dougie Lampkins!

This trial justified the considerable expense many parents incur getting their offspring there. It can be frustrating travelling to a national and finding a more testing trial could have been ridden locally!

It was great to see the top lads have a five without the trial being lost. The hard sections brought out some awesome rides.

This is the first National that I have been to this year and it was well worth the drive just to watch the Boy and Girls have a go that some real sections, well done to the club, Perfect.

Jonathan Richardson had a win, which was on the cards as he has been riding in some world rounds, time on the bike with the Top Riders!

Ben Morphett was runner up which gives Ben the "A" class Championship with one round to go, I thick Jonny Walker was 3rd.

Well done to Dai And Kay Bedford and the club members for putting on a great trial on a great bit of land with a good variation in sections.

Yes it was tough, it is a British Championship after all! The breeding ground of future Dougie Lampkins!

This trial justified the considerable expense many parents incur getting their offspring there. It can be frustrating travelling to a national and finding a more testing trial could have been ridden locally!

It was great to see the top lads have a five without the trial being lost. The hard sections brought out some awesome rides.

Ability to put on the right type of event to suit a British Championship has nothing to do with who gets the rounds for the next season. Not blowing a trumpet but we put on a cracking round at a venue that has some of the best natural hazards available, we weren't even offered a round the year after.

Perce, I guess you are talking about the 2006 round. I think 95% of people there would agree that it was a superb trial as befitted its National status.

I cannot believe you were not offered another round it is a great loss to the series. few people could argue that richmond always put on excellent nationals (eg Scott).

How is it decided who gets a round?...........Do you have to have the right connections???

We did get offered a date this year but it didn't match our requirements. If I remember correctly we didn't get the date we wanted in 2006 but took it & swapped it later. I know that we're desperate for a round in 2009 but again if dates aren't suitable we've a problem. It's sad as we've got 2 mega natural venues available & some pretty keen folk too.