Pa Is In The House

no jive

Peter Arnold and his awesome wife have arrived in the US from Australia. They arrived around the 4th of July in LA (southern CA), bought a motor home and are traveling the USA. They stopped by for dinner in the boon docks of Boulder Creek. They are then headed to San Francisco, Yosemite, Lake Tahoe and then North to Canada. Dont worry I already warned them about Ishy and Fracey. If in Texas told them to stay the hell away from Copey :wall: .

From there I have no idea where they are heading.

It was a real joy spending the evening with a Trials rider from Australia. Hearing how they run things and people in their club. I hope you get a chance to meet them. Hopefully they can make some events as they travel the US.

Peter and Marilyn have a fun safe trip

Edited by No Jive

On a very (as seems usual nowadays) grey summer day here in the U.K. that sounds like a great idea! Janet & I have been going to Europe for several years which is brilliant but as P.A has realised you only actually live once... good luck to them it would be great to hear any feedback they may have regards logistics etc. Jealous , fed up with taxes,credit crunch ,recession, weather , health service etc etc here in UK

Wow they did it! Yea, Texas is way too hot to ride now for sure!

As PA manages his way around, I hope he can track down Fracy or Dave in BC, seems nice up there! As things go, a stop over at TTC in the winter should be good. I have been there around Thanksgiving with good weather. December and January seem iffy, but we usually hold our state Presidents Cup weekend about mid Jan. and I think the NM and AZ boys are going good that time of year.

I wish they could make it round to the Octobertest in OK, usually a great time for all classes! And nice place to visit!

When I was 15, I hitchiked from Texas to Cali in the middle of summer. It was 115f in the desert, that sucked. And when I got there, somewhere near Clive, the ocean water was too cold to swim in. So I just spent a few cool nights up in the hills and came home! :wall:

When I was 15, I hitchiked from Texas to Cali in the middle of summer. It was 115f in the desert, that sucked. And when I got there, somewhere near Clive, the ocean water was too cold to swim in. So I just spent a few cool nights up in the hills and came home! :wall:

Wow,

That must have been you I saw wandering downtown in Santa Cruz at the beach about that time. You should have said something, I would have loaned you one of my surfing wetsuits to sleep in.........

Jon

Wow,

That must have been you I saw wandering downtown in Santa Cruz at the beach about that time. You should have said something, I would have loaned you one of my surfing wetsuits to sleep in.........

Jon

Jon, I will say there was a pizza place on Hwy 1 in Santa Cruz that had the best pizza I have ever had in my life. Or maybe I was just too hungry for my only meal that day? Thoughts still linger. Maybe you knew my buddy Willie Durbin, he got around town a lot, as a garbage man! Total nutter! Everywhere really! And he knew lots of townfolk.:beer:

This was probably '73-'74 as I recall. Willie played a bad ass Bass guitar in local bands and was very popular for his showmanship and skills. As we lost touch after that year, I have often wondered if he is still alive, how many of your old friends are still kicking? See, once you get past Clives age, the numbers seem to start dwindling!

We had a lot of fun back then though! Never looked back! :wall:

Edited by copemech

Jon, I will say there was a pizza place on Hwy 1 in Santa Cruz that had the best pizza I have ever had in my life. Or maybe I was just too hungry for my only meal that day? Thoughts still linger. Maybe you knew my buddy Willie Durbin, he got around town a lot, as a garbage man! Total nutter! Everywhere really! And he knew lots of townfolk.:huh:

This was probably '73-'74 as I recall. Willie played a bad ass Bass guitar in local bands and was very popular for his showmanship and skills. As we lost touch after that year, I have often wondered if he is still alive, how many of your old friends are still kicking? See, once you get past Clives age, the numbers seem to start dwindling!

We had a lot of fun back then though! Never looked back! :thumbup:

I probably saw Willie at the Catalyst on Pacific Ave. at one time or another.Don't know about the pizza, but from many years of experience, Hwy 1 is probably the best stretch of road to spend a Sunday on a sportbike!

If Peter and Marilyn can make it out here for the Octobertest on the 18th and 19th, I'll be back from Germany by that time and Mark and I will try to see that they feel welcome!

Jon

Ah things were so much safer in the 50's

I hurd dat!

Nowadays, if you saw Copey and I at the side of the road hitchiking, would YOU pick us up?

Jon

On second thought, If I could talk Copey into putting away that darn chainsaw he likes to drag around, maybe we'd have a better chance.....

Edited by JSE

Yes PA and MA are in da house.

We are in San Faransisco today and are heading up to Yosemite NP and Lake Tahoe on Friday for a few days. From there we will be heading back to the coast and then making our northerly push onto Vancouver. If anyone has some tips for Yosemite or Lake Tahoe in a RV let me know.

If anyone has Skype you can call us, our Skype user name is peter.marilyn.arnold and we are on in the evenings if we have WIFI access.

post-75-1216356011.jpg

I seen PA was on the line, hope they are doing well while making their way around and hope to hear from them.

I do not mean to hijack this thread, but I would like to see it continue with PA's adventure!

Yes Brian, things were different back then, but yet changing. Growing up in the 60's had a lot of different input!

I actually remember watching the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan show! Listening to rock on AM radio! Not that my parents ever approved!

Jon did not have TV! He is really old! I think they used smoke signals or something! :thumbup:

I seen PA was on the line, hope they are doing well while making their way around and hope to hear from them.

I do not mean to hijack this thread, but I would like to see it continue with PA's adventure!

Yes Brian, things were different back then, but yet changing. Growing up in the 60's had a lot of different input!

I actually remember watching the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan show! Listening to rock on AM radio! Not that my parents ever approved!

Jon did not have TV! He is really old! I think they used smoke signals or something! :thumbup:

I also hope the Arnold's keep us up on their adventures. They will like Yosemite ( I used to do a fair amount of fly fishing in the Merced river there) and Lake Tahoe and be sure to see Emerald Bay at Tahoe (and maybe play a few slot machines for me at Stateline).....:huh:

Smoke signals? Heck, who do you think did all those cave paintings?..........well, I helped some........

Jon, older than Copey, and THATS old!

Heading back to the coast you will drive right past Donner Ski ranch, home of a few world rounds, well worth a stop for a few photo's.

Tip take higway 20 to the coast, highway 299 from reading is a real pain.

We have a club trial this Wed night at my house, and another this weekend Sat/twinshock Sun modern near Oregon city.

Good on you Peter and Marilyn, hope you have a great adventure. Keep us all up to date on your travels with a few pics to really make us envious..

If you get the opportunity to have ride give us a rundown on the difference to our events. Take up ishys offer if you can, as I remember some pics he posted of his backyard, looked very inviting.

Safe travel, Steve.