Mid Wales Novogar - 21st Sept

bikespace

Regs are available for the Mid Wales Novogar round on 21st September.

Using the same ground as our Forest Trophy Trial, plus some of the streams we can't use normally. I know I may be biassed, but it's great trials country.

Novogar series aimed at any Centre experts, most Inters, and even some of the sturdier Novices have a go at ours. Don't get me wrong, it will be hard going for those Inter, and below but ask those that have ridden it - it's a sensible ride.

There are some great sections in there, very little of the daunting stuff that can creep in to Novogar on the odd occasion.

Make a trip over and enjoy a decent ride out.

Drop any questions on here and I'll try to get them answered.

novogar_21_sept_2008.pdf

Regs are available for the Mid Wales Novogar round on 21st September.

Using the same ground as our Forest Trophy Trial, plus some of the streams we can't use normally. I know I may be biassed, but it's great trials country.

Novogar series aimed at any Centre experts, most Inters, and even some of the sturdier Novices have a go at ours. Don't get me wrong, it will be hard going for those Inter, and below but ask those that have ridden it - it's a sensible ride.

There are some great sections in there, very little of the daunting stuff that can creep in to Novogar on the odd occasion.

Make a trip over and enjoy a decent ride out.

Drop any questions on here and I'll try to get them answered.

novogar_21_sept_2008.pdf

Looking forward to it, have never rode but have heard its good ground. ;) See you there

• 2 weeks later...

If anybody fancies a ride out on Sunday, we've got the usually quality stream sections up there in the hills. Contact Jean or Elwyn Williams on 01691 828330 before Wednesday when I do the program.

A little bit disappointed at the entry, just under 60 I think, but it probably adds to the weight of the argument to add a second route to the Novogar for next year. Although I was never totally in agreement, I think it may push us that way. It's a shame to do all the work for a small entry. I reckon it must be up in the order of 20-25 man days to clear out and mark out, not to mention the admin side of things. For those that have ridden it, I think most would say it's worth a go.

Lastly, if we have any observers out there that fancy a ride out on Sunday, please get in touch, same number above - bring your bike, you're welcome to play around the section before and after the riders - they'll be glad of you scrubbing off the rocks :-)

Most sections are reachable via car, or we could even get you transported from the start at the Cann Office pub if you like ;)

That's observers only I have to add, we can't afford to have non-officials riding around the course.

Doh - that's my bit.

Been marking out all day today - got the rider list off the secretary though and hope to get it typed up tomorrow. The list on the web will be provisional because if we get any late entries, we'll slip them in at the front right up to the point where I get the programs printed (probably Thursday or Friday night).

8 hours walking through streams today, some good stuff generally same as last year with the odd tweak, and obviously the water flow throughout the year always changes things anyway.

Fair bit of easing off some of the sections today. Generally when we mark out, the natural tendancy is to mark out a section that gives an average expert a fair test. When you go round them checking them in quick succession, you start to realise, oh that's a tough one, oh so is that, errr and that one, oops that one too, so normally we will ease the odd few off again, so the lower half of the entry aren't killed off.

I've ridden most of them, in fact I think all of them except the big waterfall, which I didn't fancy on Elwyns bike as it's a bit slippy. Built a dam to change the waterflow to scrub it off a bit, and I'll give it a scrubbing on Thursday.

All set to go - still looking for observers if anyone out there fancies one, or even two if you want an early and late one. At least with under 60 entries, you shouldn't have to be there much over 2 hours.

Anybody riding, remember that our time is always very ridable, but you can't take your time. Time's the same as the last few years and the course is the same. Need to keep the pressure on a bit at the start. Riders who aren't used to Novogar pace (quick look then ride) usually panic a bit towards the middle.

The last 10 sections being in one long stream sort of helps usually, as they go by quite quickly, but keep an eye on the clock.

Doh - that's my bit.

Been marking out all day today - got the rider list off the secretary though and hope to get it typed up tomorrow. The list on the web will be provisional because if we get any late entries, we'll slip them in at the front right up to the point where I get the programs printed (probably Thursday or Friday night).

Cool, thanks! See you sunday ;)

Up tonight - I promise - I went through it last night and had a few duplicates, so need to just check a few things with the secretary. First rider is off at 9.31 and only 50 of you now after duplicate removal. Not sure who you are, otherwise I may be able to give you a clue, but definitely on tonight mid to late evening when I get back from marking out.

I'll update this thread when done.

Edited by bikespace

Entry list below, and added to our website. From what I hear a couple of people have been surprised how early they are off, but I think the lions share of the entry were received within a day or two of regs going out, then just a trickle after that.

To be honest, that was made me a bit more up beat about it after speaking with the sec a while ago - loads of entries within a few days, but then next to nothing - with a few riders dropping out, and a few duplicates, we're below the 50 mark - lot of work for that many but hope they enjoy it anyway.

Still struggling for observers, but we do need almost as many as we've got riders :)

If anybody would consider observing, or knows someone who might, then drop me a line - 07879 423330, you shouldn't be out there for long eh ;)

post-218-1221772154.jpg

On a brighter note, I've scrubbed another load of sections for you today, so it's not like you're the first riders through if you're early. Even Elwyn (at 70 years young) was scrubbing the rocks of for you.

Most of them ride OK, although as those who have ridden it before will know, there are a few 'awkward' ones. Look out for 23,24,27,28 luvvvverly rocks and waterfalls.

I'm observing on Sunday, so watch your backs as my KTM comes past you with a gaggle of observers following on bikes - we'll be trying to stay ahead of the riders.

Hopefully we'll manage enough observers to keep it at 40 sections, otherwise we have a few lesser sections which may be skipped.

Thanks, see you sunday ;)

By the way Billy, looks like you may have entered twice, you feeling energetic? Or have we really got two by the same name and I've just scrubbed one out by mistake - one linked with Bootle, one with Derby - hopefully will mean something to you.

Let me know anyway so I can sort it out either way - or see Jean on Sunday and get one cheque ripped up.

Edited by bikespace

By the way Billy, looks like you may have entered twice, you feeling energetic? Or have we really got two by the same name and I've just scrubbed one out by mistake - one linked with Bootle, one with Derby - hopefully will mean something to you.

Let me know anyway so I can sort it out either way - or see Jean on Sunday and get one cheque ripped up.

Sounds like I have entered twice, i seem to remember sending it off now, i went away to ride and got a call saying the trial was in TMX so i rang my Mum and asked her to fill a form out and post it in. Oops, I'll sort it out with Jean on Sunday which one to use then.

Am definatly energetic enough to ride twice and maybe 2nd time around I'd ride better ;)

Cheers