Black Box

kingfisher

Help

I was at a very wet trial yesterday and the bike started to miss and then would not rev out i though i had got water in it but when i got it home cleaned the cab and changed the engine oil. i started it again and it still would not tick over and pinked and sounded rough when i but it in Map 1 it just about run and had to rev it at 1/4 throttle to keep it going. has any one any ideas i think it could be the black box is there anyway of checking it with out buying a new one.

Thanks

Doubt its the black box to be honest, they either work or dont in my experience never seem to slightly work only. More likely water in the fuel (tank/carb) or even in the stator area. Dump the fuel out of the tank and flush it through,same with the carb and pipes and take the stator cover off and let it dry out.

Could also be water in one of the connector blocks or the kill switch playing up, make sure you dry the electrics out and disconnect the kill switch to check it isnt that.

Edited by The Addict

Unfortunately it seems there is no pattern to this stuff, and part replacement is the simplist way to diagnose. I think the '07 unit will plug in. Only difference being in the select switch. However my gut tells me you mmay have a bad trigger coil in the stator. Who knows? It all has to work together! :iamwithstupid: