Sherco H

dabdab

It is with much regret that I inform the greater trials community of the untimely passing of Sherco H, Howard Wallace, a major contributor to the Sherco/Bultaco blog at the age of 49 years, a victim of the ravages of Motor Neurone Disease

Howard was a highly skilled fitter machinist and designer, respnsible of over a period of 30 years for the design and construction of numerous pieces of scientific research equipment at the Australian National University here in Canberra. In his spare time, away from work and competing at a highly compettiive level in TRIALS, road cycling, BMX, and other sports, Howard found time to help raise two teenage sons, build an award winning Chev powered Hot Road, a Moto Martin replica and a cafe racer of his own design.

Howard was a rare being-a man who gave to others his skills and advice without complaint, a highly competive skilled artisan with a soft manner; the owner of a well developed sense of humour who somehow suffered fools gladly without cmplaint. On the Trials Central website, he constantly found himself gently correcting the wierd and wonderful ideas and theories of Sherco owners with thier fanciful diagnoses and amazingly ridiculous remedies, never resorting to any put downs

Howard could assemle a Sherco blindfolded. He worked part-time in his holidays for the Australian Sherco importer, and visited the factory on at least one occasion, where he embarressed some factory people with his knowledge and engineering diagnoses

In Australia, he helped Trials riders of all levels, and his inate capacity to tune a trials carby off-idle was legend

A rare person indeed. He will be sadly missed by a great many people in Canberra and around Australia

Dab Dab

( Bill Brown )

Canberra

Australia

I am stunned, and somewhat speechless at that news.

Strange to say that I had recently thought about Howard and somewhat at a loss about his lack of input on this forum, as over the years he was always helpful and full of knowledge, the sort that you seldom meet! And I had developed a great respect!

I think you have done a great writing in your commeritive here DabDab. I must admit I am a bit teary eyed here.

Rest well Howard, I will catch you on the flip side,

MC ;)

Very Sad news indeed! My thoughts go out to his boys and his family! I am sure he would have been equally impressed with your writing skills and your tribute to him! I hope that something special would be planned to remember someone who obviously touched many people in his short life! I am also sure we would love to know about it if possible. RIP !

Steve