3.2 Hot Starting Problems

gregrsv

Just going off Dabsters response to another thread.

"once every 6 rides or so on a gasser more on the mont 4t "

All I know is that I bought one just trying to take a demo ride from my dealer. Seems if you wick them when too cold they just flame out? Has anyone tried cleaning them with a blaster, or are they done? This has baffled me a bit, as they are not cheap plugs! And on last ck, not found at the auto store! :huh:

the plugs of the 4 rt are ok you just have to wait when cold started until the fan kicks in (in wintertime it can take a while)

how long do you people ride (riding sections not off road racing :thumbup: ) on a full tank of fuel on the sherco 3.2 mine was almost empty in a good 60min, is this normal?

regards bob

• 1 month later...

Cheers for all the responses, i havent been online a great deal lately as ive been offshore , Sherco is still a pig to start when hot , What is the issue with all these four strokes being fitted with hot start kits and things like that , is it just an air vent to weaken on startup or something. I dont have this fitted on the sherco is it something i can retro fit?

My old enfield crusader starts no bother when its hot even when stalled in sections or after a fall, i think ill throw an old Amal carb on the sherco and see how it goes!!

cheers

GREG

Greg,

To be honest with you, you are on untreaded ground with this Bliss modded thing with the OKO.

I do seem to recall a hot start air bypass valve available in the Sherco mod kit for the '05's but a bit unsure. Similar to the Beta's I thonk!

The current hot setup seems to be the SPS carb from the factory. That is all I can tell you. ;)

Gday, you dont need a hot start kit. You can do the same thing by holding the throttle open just a crack (when its hot of course...). All those things do is allow a little extra fresh air into the manifold to lean the mixture slightly. The throttle does the same job, lets in a little extra air and leans it out slightly. This is most needed when the bike has sat for a minute or two, like when you are waiting to go into a section with the engine off.

HTH,

Cheers,

Stork.

Cheers guys

I wondered if the hotstart was a "fresh air induction thingy" , and as youve said holding the throttle steady open will have the same effect , i have experimented trying it with different throttle openings , all sorts , next thing i'll try is a coil off one of my mate bikes to see if this gives an improvement . Because i think ive exhausted all fuel adustments that i can think of .

cheers greg

Have a look at the plug - it is the window into the engine. Check a website such as NGK etc. and they will have a plug reading guide there - compare to yours and see what you have. If there is a carb fault you will find it this way.

HTH,

Cheers,

Stork.

I cant believe people are still having hot start issues on the newer 3.2 shercos!!!!

my 08 scorpa 250f has never given me any trouble starting hot or cold, i think its got the dellorto with the accelerator pump!!!

the only trouble i've had is with a bit of clutch drag, but that was sorted by using a different engine oil!!

hope you get sorted.. :thumbup: