Bullitt Or Vanishing Point ?

b40rt

But was there not the original radar ? http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MrNyFAujb3M

As far as I know, only Gary Burghoff played Radar on the MASH series. Michael J. Pollard was the co-star in this movie, but both actors had the same style and affect in their various roles.

When the movie first came out we all thought, "Cool! Another motorcycle racing movie!", but it was pretty hokey and disappointing.

We did get to see a lot of the filming as the company came up to the Hall's Ranch TT track south of San Jose, California to film a lot of the other racing action in the film and I had raced on that track many, many times. It was a neat (and very tricky) track as it ran up and down the side of a big hill studded with huge oak trees and small ravines. I once ran off the fast, narrow downhill groove and out into space and down into one of the ravines, narrowly missing the referee down at the bottom near the start line, hitting hard enough to ram the upper fork tubes out the bottom of the lower tubes on my Montesa. I was lucky enough to not get a scratch.....this time.

Ah, youthful stupidity.....

Jon

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I know, only Gary Burghoff played Radar on the MASH series. Michael J. Pollard was the co-star in this movie, but both actors had the same style and affect in their various roles.

When the movie first came out we all thought, "Cool! Another motorcycle racing movie!", but it was pretty hokey and disappointing.

We did get to see a lot of the filming as the company came up to the Hall's Ranch TT track south of San Jose, California to film a lot of the other racing action in the film and I had raced on that track many, many times. It was a neat (and very tricky) track as it ran up and down the side of a big hill studded with huge oak trees and small ravines. I once ran off the fast, narrow downhill groove and out into space and down into one of the ravines, narrowly missing the referee down at the bottom near the start line, hitting hard enough to ram the upper fork tubes out the bottom of the lower tubes on my Montesa. I was lucky enough to not get a scratch.....this time.

Ah, youthful stupidity.....

Jon

Apparently the film is available from hot rod memories 818 349 r o d s , in northridge, for twenty bucks (whatever they are) It's probably not as good as I remember it, as I would have been 12 /13 yrs old at the time.

I think there was a different Radar in the film version from the TV version.