Sintered Brake Pads

the addict

My impression is that discs are discs, unless you are talkind stainless, which requires a softer lining material to survive.

Yet the sintered material may work well? Powdered iron on steel? May wear some disc? Price of performance in some cases, you never know! :thumbup:

How you doing addict ?

Mont disc has bigger cutaways so try fitting a Gas Gas disc instead, this worked for a mate of mine.

Best pads for performance I have found are DP (try shirty) but they damaged the discs on my scorpa. Goldfren pads are a good middle of the road option.

I've just tried my sons non floating gas gas front disc off his 50 cc ( same hub). Every gaser I've ridden has had better brakes than both the sherco's I've owned.

Brakes now are heaps stronger with no squeal.

The 09 sherco looks like it has the same discs as gas gas.

Edited by clav3

Me,Dad and Ralph sneaked up the dishes today for a few hours so I stuck the sintered pads in for a try. They work alot better than the Galfer ones,much stronger feel to the brake and you can lock it easy if you need to but not snatchy. Got a Trial up North tomorrow mainly streams so hope they work ok in the water - bone dry at the dishes so bloody good in the dusty stuff.

Edited by The Addict

Rode the John Mac today with the new pads, plenty of water about and lots of wet muddy slippy stuff in the first group. Pads were 10 times better than before, never had any front brake problems all day,almost like riding in the dry they remained that strong. Will have a look at wear on the disc tomorrow and pads but to be honest they work so well I'm not bothered if it wears a disc out every 3 months its worth it.

I may be with you, noise problem alone on the Sherco may do it! Funny thing is the discs are from Braking! You would think the linings would work fine, where did you get them?

As a sidenote, seems Sherco has changed discs on the '09, may be same as gassers, not sure?

:guinness:

I'm using the dunlopad sintered pads on the 315R and have been very pleased with pad life, grip on the stainless disk was not as good on the rear as the and I cut a vertical grove to add grip, that worked fine, disk wear is no worry with the stainless disk, they do take a while to bed in

Motovintage, not checked the pads yet for wear after the weekend but really pleased with front brake now in the wet, still using the standard 4rt disc so will keep an eye on disc wear over the next few weeks. Back brake is fine on the 4rt so no need for a change there but may when the Galfers wear out.

Just, most of the UK companys do not ship to the US even if I could find them on ebay. I cannot recall if the Mont uses the same AJP caliper and pad as the Sherco or not? I think it does?

I'll gladly cover the costs, post is not too much on light things, and I think you have the paypal, makes it easy.

Let me know if you can confirm they are the same AJP workings, and I will give a go!

MC