Gas Gas Thermo

bruce67

please can any one help new on here , got a gas gas txt125 ,since i bought it had trouble with boiling dry had new fan fitted and 2 new relays which kept melting, since new fan fitted been great for 3 weeks ,yesterday radiator boiled dry, nothing melted but fan wont come on any ideas please. can,t find thermostat anywhere thanks bruce

hi ,no thermo on any pipes ,check them all its a 2005 model ,someone said dont have thermo but fan has been turning it self on and off great for last 3 weeks but now just runs till steam comes out of overflow pipe ,i don,t have a clue what to do now thanks bruce

go for the old style thermo that fits in the top hose and rewire from that back to existing wiring. the problem with the stats in the top of the rad is that the coolant must be visable from your filler cap hole so it surrounds the stat or it wont work. check also that your water pump is working correctly and circulating the coolant.

hi,i found thermostat ,it was on top of radiator thanks, any idea how to change please as it looks sealed in and i dont want to bust radiator thanks bruce

Hi

It is not sealed in. It is held in place by a "locking ring" (dont know exact english word), Unfortunatly You have to loosen the radiator to manage to get it out.

-Jan

Hello bruce from the 'boro,

If you have melted 2 fan relays then the problem is with the supply voltage. If an 05 model 125, then I think the system is a Kokusan and you will therefore have a 12V voltage regulator which is probably the problem (for the relay melting). The regulator is encapsulated in a small black housing just under the headstock - check if it has an earth wire very firmly and cleanly connected to a piece of bare frame. If all connected properly, then the regulator is probably faulty and best to fit another to prevent further meltdowns. To electrically check this, use a volt meter set to AC and check the voltage between a still connected yellow wire, probably at the relay connector, and the frame, it should be approx 12v.

The relay, is a rectifier module to convert AC to DC voltage to drive the fan motor, this needs DC power.

If you find that your clutch action has become harder, then the water in the gearbox will have affected the plates (they swell) - let us know on the forums if this happens.

Ta ra, PeterB.