Front Headlight (non-homologated)

twismo

i have had my gasgas 09 125 for a few weeks now,and the little led light at the front has broken,so i went to get a new bulb for it. I came back with a 12v 20watt halogen bulb i fitted it, its quite bright and it gives out a little bit of heat like the hologen ones do but i was wondering if fitting this bulb will dammage the electronics on the bike at all.the bulb that i took out of it was a 20 led 12v 3watt bulb.

i have just been riding about with the light on for a few minutes,the light gets warm but not hot enough to melt the plastic, i dont think the bulb is being given enough power to light the bulb to its full brightness.any help appreciated.

You need a bulb of the same watts as the original.The 20w bulb needs more power than the bike can generate,thats why its dim,might burn out the coils that provide the power.Do you really need a light on a trials bike?

Why not simply remove the light and keep it safe until you either need to ride at night or until you sell the bike?

In the meantime, get a front number plate holder which is attahced with cable ties and keep your front numbers nice and clean and dry. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
You need a bulb of the same watts as the original.The 20w bulb needs more power than the bike can generate,thats why its dim,might burn out the coils that provide the power.Do you really need a light on a trials bike?

what do you meen burn out the coils?on the bulb or the generator