Exhaust Clearing

theshercorider

Right my bike is not running to its ultimate performance at the moment and I have heard that the 125s are known for a build up of crap in the exhaust limiting performance.

Now I have no idea what to do and i am a bit of a noob so be kind to me please.

Im sure someone knows exactly what to do.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by TheShercoRider

I did notice a couple of the top lads at our club on 125 shercs reving the nuts off the bikes up and down a track for quite a while to burn the stuff out. They do it everytime they finish practice or trials, cant say its the best or safest way but it obviously works for them. I remember at road trials on a two stroke giving it plenty would make it smoke fairish and the bike always ran its best at a road event.

Edited by The Addict

Not sure caustic soda would be a great idea for the aluminium/alloy rear box, as it is well known to eat such items.

This might sound stupid but I was first made aware of it (unless it was taught in chemistry) by an Ogri cartoon of Malcom cleaning some bits of Ogris bike in caustic soda and them disappearing.

There are a number of methods and opinions vary, but the standard case would be to run it hard down the road for a bit to get some heat in the muff so things will move. You might notice an eccess of smoke as things are heatinh up in the muff and both burning off and hot enough to melt and flow out on their own.

As the 125's have only half the volume per rev, not as much exhaust heat is created to keep things such as the oily residue flowing and expelled. Thus you ket the kids in the know running them hard to keep them clean.

Several "last retorts" include flushing the muff with solvents in order to break it up.

Hope you are using a fully or seni synthetc oil! :hyper: