Ossa Mar Exhaust

oggy132

Hello all, has anybody ever tried to make, or get the middle section of the mar exhaust made from aluminum???.

I may no sombody who may be able to make one, and im interested in asking him to giving it a go!!. Any advise or help would be very gratefully received.

Hi oggy132

I've been thinking of doing the same thing myself (i'm a sheet metal worker) but been to busy at work lately

I've got 6 MAR's but only 2 middle exhaust sections and would probably need to cut 1 open to check how much baffling is in there to copy it, hoping to get on with it soon.

But may be interested in buying a couple if their a nice job and sensible money.

There are no baffles inside the middle box on the MAR, It's just a straight through perforated tube wrapped in wadding.

The original, barrell shaped, push on tail pipe on the MAR has two baffle plates inside

Holes at a guess are 1.5 - 2mm but that is just a guess from memory when I've repacked them in the past. I have one lying around somewhere that I cut open as I was going to try and make one myself a while ago. However, fabricating isn't my trade and the external shape of the silencer looked too difficult for me so I gave up. If I can find it I can confirm the size but I have no idea where it is and it won't be until the weekend that I go back into the shed in this weather, as I've no heat in there.

However, you can buy the perforated tubes so I'd save yourself the trouble of making one. I think Off Road Only (ORO) in Llandrindod Wells sell them, DEP will probably sell you one and most motocross shops will have them. If you can't get one with a big enough diameter, as most may be for motocross/enduro tail pipes which use about a 25mm tube, try a car exhaust manufacturer as they will have bigger tubes. It's about 30mm from memory in the middle box but again, I can confirm if I can find mine.

Hello all, has anybody ever tried to make, or get the middle section of the mar exhaust made from aluminum???.

I may no sombody who may be able to make one, and im interested in asking him to giving it a go!!. Any advise or help would be very gratefully received.

Try to make it at least look like the OEM part, but repackable you then might be able to sell a few to pay for the project.

I started a similar project sometime ago (Years!) for another popular Spanish bike :thumbup: Might be worth resurrecting as I even got around to making half the press tooling.

Wayne...

I was going to make a muffler like that for my Bultaco. I bought a used muffler (an FMF I think) but was going to need to cut the ends off and weld up something to make it work. In the end I got a Sammy Miller one and gave up trying to modify the used one.

You might look at the Sammy Miller one and see if it could be modified.

post-5012-1231447515.jpg