Should I Upgrade

lselph

Have an 04 Sherco 290. runs good works good. Friend is selling his 06 little better shape lot less abused. I can sell mine and upgrade for about 500 bucks. Wondering if there are any big benefits or anything that I should consider holding back for. I have ridden the 06 and my only real impression was that it felt wider between my feet. All opinions are welcomed. Thanks.

Have an 04 Sherco 290. runs good works good. Friend is selling his 06 little better shape lot less abused. I can sell mine and upgrade for about 500 bucks. Wondering if there are any big benefits or anything that I should consider holding back for. I have ridden the 06 and my only real impression was that it felt wider between my feet. All opinions are welcomed. Thanks.

Seems you would do well, as the '06 is a really good bike. The geometry and suspension better, and the power is more usable, more easily de-tuned for even smoother power. The RYP j-pegs work a treat on this bike(1/2 back).

If the shock is leaking, they will run for a long time, till a new TRP or Ohlins is in order!

I am in a similar boat as I have a 2003 290 and a friend is upgrading from a 2007 290. I have gelled well with my current bike and there is nothing wrong with it.

Can anybody tell me if there is any real benefit from one to the other besides the rear shocker being adjustable?

I have ridden it and its ok with slightly smoother delivery but in the dry I prefer mine. His seems to have persistent oil seal failure of the forks despite him and me seperately fitting new ones with a proper plastic tool. The legs are unmarked but still fail after a few outings. This is the main reason for him getting fed up with it.

What do you think?

Seems the '07 shocker is better and quicker. Makes the rear more lively. The pegs are a bit lower and the bike is very stable.

I run the Delay fork booties, and have never had a leaky seal.

My '03 was very aggressive! With the '07 you do get fat bars and the newer Paioli's which are nice, yet not neccessary.

M2C

• 2 weeks later...

I went from a 2001 290 to a 2007 250 and the change was AMAZING! I thoroughly enjoyed my 07. I know the 01 has a similar frame through 05. And the frame changed in 06. With the frame being similar in 07. I heard there was a slight fault in the 2006 frame geometry, but it was fixed in the 07. It had something to do with the turning radius not being as tight. But you should like it. I just bought an 09 250. Its working good.

I went from a 2001 290 to a 2007 250 and the change was AMAZING! I thoroughly enjoyed my 07. I know the 01 has a similar frame through 05. And the frame changed in 06. With the frame being similar in 07. I heard there was a slight fault in the 2006 frame geometry, but it was fixed in the 07. It had something to do with the turning radius not being as tight. But you should like it. I just bought an 09 250. Its working good.

I thought that bike in the teeny tiny piccie looked a bit, WHITE!

Good going! :thumbup: