Brand New Greeves

nigel dabster

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey,

what are the prices of trials bikes in UK?

5700 euro is not far of what you pay for a 2T trials bike in belgium, the cota 4 rt is 7300 now and wil be +- 8000 soon.

May be intressting to know, if i see the prices of 2nd hands bikes in uk, they are a lot lower than the are here. a 4 rt 2 years old will go 4000 euro here if its standard.

twinshock prices are a lot higher to in europe (one of mine comes out the uk) a decend fantic 240 will go +- 2000 euro

tlr 250 in good condition 4000 euro and more ...

about the greeves, they bike looks strange not just the color and stickers, but the frame too

but a 1960's greeves looked strange to :(

it may be a good bike but whe should wait for a proper test same with the xispa and the gasgas 4stroke before judging.

regards bob

ps sorry for any spelling mistakes

People will decide with their wallet I suppose although I'm trying to understand what the target market Greeves is aiming for. It can't be the youngsters as it just doesn't look cool enough, and with that frame design, never will. The Middle age guys who may be tempted will be wise to buying an untested bike. That leaves the older guys into p65 etc. Would they buy one? and if so, how many as its not a growing market is it?

as they say.... Discuss :(

Look, I'm an English bloke with a Welsh wife. I'm going to have a hard enough six natoins without you picking on me as well!

:(

......and i'm a Scot with a wife who considers herself English because her old man is and a nearly 16 year old duaghter who was born in Leeds and has decided she's foreign as well ... you think you've got problems mate... :beer:

People will decide with their wallet I suppose although I'm trying to understand what the target market Greeves is aiming for. It can't be the youngsters as it just doesn't look cool enough, and with that frame design, never will. The Middle age guys who may be tempted will be wise to buying an untested bike. That leaves the older guys into p65 etc. Would they buy one? and if so, how many as its not a growing market is it?

as they say.... Discuss

I'd suggest they've maybe hit the market at the wrong time and had this been a year ago the money side wouldn't be much of a discussion point. I suspect they'll sell a few from "novelty" perspective but I don't see it ever being a huge seller like Gassers or Beta. As to who'll buy it, that's a good piont and I'd have to agree with your reasoning however there will be some folk who want to be different and will maybe have a look at it.

As for whats cool: coolness is whatever the world champ is riding directly proportional to the cost of said bike, at

Edited by Slapshot 3

and with that frame design,

I guess this is what come's of living in the boring modern age,everything has become to look like the other,nothing seems to have it's own character any longer.Go back to the 70's and 80's you'd probaly go for the Trials bike that you liked the character of,and be honest they each had there own character back then,you can't realy say the same of todays modern's.

Personaly im behind Greeves all the way if there serious about this no matter how diffrent they want to make there frame from the other's.

Edited by bilc0

The website looks just like the bike "Unfinished"

The more pictures I see of this bike the more it scares me!

The hole project looks so underfunded.

How are they funding the bike?

I bet they are running out of money, thats why they have launched it early. The hole thing look a bit like TVR to me (TVR were better looking but also run out of money).

Before I parted with any deposit I would want some financial guarantees about the company.

What's next or is this it?

Please, Please go to a company that specializes in product design and get the aesthetics sorted.

Then a Graphic Designer for the graphics, website etc.

Then a photographer for some decent studio pictures.

I would love to see a break down of the 6000hrs quoted design and development. Probably a lot of "yeh" "na" "ooo" "ar" "er" "lets have a cup of tea" "anyone fancy a pint". :beer:

This made me chuckle Greeves 'Probably the best Trials Bike ever made' yeh in a shed! :(

Triumph triples designed in the UK are now acknowledged as leading the sports bike class (600cc), Quote MCN

List of components look quality.

From comments about changing main bearing read on this site, being able to remove an engine in 45 mins might be a relevant point.

I know which one I'd take between a Xispa and a Greeves.

err which one then? :D

It may be a good thing to be able to remove the engine in 45min. Especially if it goes wrong all the time :D

Not even a close comparison with Triumph. Please!

List of components does look quality but thats because they are not making them!

The parts they are making look very poor considering the 6000 hrs quoted design and development.

Again I quote " I bet they are running out of money, thats why they have launched it early".

Who has paid for it so far??????????????????

The more I look at this project the more I feel it will disappear quickly. I hope i am wrong.

Oh my god is it April 1st already?

It looks like they are trying to go back in time.... conventional forks though :D !!!!

Are the pictures correct? It looks as high as an early Aprilia Climber.

Colour scheme is certainly mid '80 BMX!

Well if its serious at

Edited by Rosey

The website looks just like the bike "Unfinished"

The more pictures I see of this bike the more it scares me!

The hole project looks so underfunded.

How are they funding the bike?

I bet they are running out of money, thats why they have launched it early. The hole thing look a bit like TVR to me (TVR were better looking but also run out of money).

Before I parted with any deposit I would want some financial guarantees about the company.

What's next or is this it?

Please, Please go to a company that specializes in product design and get the aesthetics sorted.

Then a Graphic Designer for the graphics, website etc.

Then a photographer for some decent studio pictures.

I would love to see a break down of the 6000hrs quoted design and development. Probably a lot of "yeh" "na" "ooo" "ar" "er" "lets have a cup of tea" "anyone fancy a pint". :D

This made me chuckle Greeves 'Probably the best Trials Bike ever made' yeh in a shed! :D

If Greeves managed to get that far through development with just

How many trick ideas you see on competition motorcycles are home grown, and started life in the back yard shed.

I hope the fellow can make a go of it, it's hard enough without your own countrymen shooting you down before the get go.

It made me feel good to see the JPS Norton in front of all the rice rockets at Olivers mount, it might of been a year or two ago, but it still is a vivid memory.