Brand New Greeves

nigel dabster

Good luck to them, but what a time to launch an new bike, not their fault though. Maybe it looks better in the flesh but it looks awfull in the picture, maybe it will appeal to the corsa driving boy racers with those stripes and colour scheme. Cant see where its going to fit in any gap in the market whatsoever hope I,m wrong though

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw it in the flesh also yesterday- nothing special at all

some parts are nicely machined BUT other parts are awfull

the cut out in the swing arm for the bottom shock mount looks like its been cut out

and shaped with a haclksaw and this is done to a solid billett alloy swingarm! (copy of a sherco by the way)

also the alloy sump plate looks about 3 mm thick!

it has a sherco clutch slave cylinder and waterpump slapped on and looks like a scorpa front end also

YES i know some pople will moan about the comments but you would think that

it would have been finished properly and not rushed out for the show-

even if it is a "prototype" or whatever they want to call it!

bring on the greeves fan club for reply's.......................

I would not comment unless YOU yourself ACTUALLY do see it in the flesh

and have a VERY GOOD look !!!!!!

Just been up to have a look at it (amongst other things). I took some pics of it on my phone camera so not great. What do you make of the Chassis?

I agree on the 'machined' slot for the suspension strut. Hacked out it certainly was. Not something that you would buy when there are much better machines already available for less money.

I couldn't see ANY innovations on the machine although this was claimed. Please someone put me right if you think that I am wrong.

post-1163-1232887728.jpg

post-1163-1232889060.jpg

post-1163-1232889361.jpg

Ian, couldnt you have got better pics than that mate? the seat/mudguard unit looks even worse on your pic

Ah you must have loaded the other pic whilst i was typing, soz

Sorry I didn't take better pics. A decent camera I don't have :thumbup:

But the seat/mudguard looks bad coz it is mate :)

It could be a fantastic bike!

But first impressions are always important. It does not have WOW factor.

Marketing is sooooooo important. There is No website, No mention on TMX website, Just a mention in the printed TMX, No pre-hype anywhere. No press release pics of someone famous riding it, No action videos on youtube or action pictures and from the attached picture there exhibition stand presentation looks crap.

Its so important to have a link to someone or some thing thats already successful, product endorsement again can make a huge difference. It is a great selling tool to have someone famous linked, people need that reassurance before they will buy a completely new product.

The graphics, well where do you start, maybe 1970! They are terrible. The graphics make the bike look dated already. The colours are wrong. everything is wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong about the look. stack up the 09 trials bikes in a row and the Greeves will not stand out. The new Beta as a package looks stunning compared to this effort.

The cost in the current climate is so way out, with no justification (has no track record). The sad part is we need this bike to work to put the UK back on the map.

It's saving grace is its weight!

The split in the middle looks bad!

They could of been a bit more creative with the join!

Some of the welding does not look to smart either.

And the graphics are really bad, Sooooooooo bad. Especially the name down the tank, never reads well.

They should have had a focus group before launch.

Lets all try to look past things that can easily be changed. I badly cut out hole can soon be cnc machined on a production bike and the logo/colour on the tank can be changed in a jiffy.

Fundamentally, does it show promise?

Lets all try to look past things that can easily be changed. I badly cut out hole can soon be cnc machined on a production bike and the logo/colour on the tank can be changed in a jiffy.

Fundamentally, does it show promise?

Looking past the obvious awful colour scheme, there's nothing on the bike that is anything we haven't seen before. With exception to the fuel tank position.

I think it was a very brave decision to go with a 'bespoke' Greeves engine (albeit a modified sherco engine by the looks of it).

To answer your question, in my humble opinion, No :thumbup:

On a serious note.

Every post is negative so far!

They should have done a lot more work on the bike before showing it. Everything that has been said so far Greeves could of avoided if they had done a focus group or got some opinions from people in the know like Dougie Lamkin etc.

They launched it to soon and badly. (only my humble opinion)

I hope Greeves read all of the comments made in this forum it is an accurate representation of what people think. Again hopefully Greeves take them on board because it would be fantastic to have a British made trials bike.

They launched it to soon and badly. (only my humble opinion) :(