Brand New Greeves

nigel dabster

It made me feel good to see the JPS Norton in front of all the rice rockets at Olivers mount, it might of been a year or two ago, but it still is a vivid memory.

well said

don't forget Steve hislop taking the IOM senior tt in 1992 on a Norton ahead of a Yamaha having the a*** ridden off it by Carl fogarty. a long time ago yes but still a good memory.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not hard to tell people which people work in which end of a business...

yeah... I don't know what the conversion rate is, but $100,000. US dollars won't get you far while developing a bike.

I was about to start line iteming costs and just laughed it off.

Seriously folks, it's just a start and showed us a glimpse of what they are up to.

Give it a chance. I wouldn't lump it in with the Chinese crap. I don't know if you guys get their products on that side of the pond, but here in the US their bikes are a joke, getting a bit better but a joke non the less.

Edited by Sparkalounger

Not hard to tell people which people work in which end of a business...

I'm with Dabster on this. I struggle to see where the money has gone....

I'm thinking what I could do with a 100k Budget! I wouldn't have built an engine for sure. I started an engine project last year but soon realised that is financial suicide. The only possible thing here is whether they used an outside design company to design the frame. Those costs are high especially if it’s something like Inventor or Solidworks.

And before you question which end of the business I am at, it's both ends and the bit in the middle.... unfortunately :D

Give it a chance. I wouldn't lump it in with the Chinese crap. I don't know if you guys get their products on that side of the pond, but here in the US their bikes are a joke, getting a bit better but a joke non the less.

I was speaking to a local bike repair business and they think Chinese bikes are fantastic ! Been keeping them busy since they appeared.

Typical of the UK. Someone is willing to risk a move into the Trials market and prepared to design a lightweight bike and innovate and what's the reponse??? Lets kick em now... The Money has gone on producing a Strong lightweight Frame with the tank and air filter/inlet moved to the "ideal" position. Yes the finish is a bit rough but I expect the production versions to be better as they take on the feedback they are getting from the show. Unlike the Xispa which is a series of Chinese parts assembled in Spain. It looks like a serious attempt to produce a home grown bike with as many parts as possible from the UK and Europe. I look forward to seeing it at a trial.

This reaction is why we only assemble things and the indians chinese succeed. What budget did Honda have to make the 4rt 100k ? did Sherco get the main bearings right for years. Gas Gas pro had its teething problems.

I am amazed as no leaks and rumours and here you a have the first prototype. Yes it may need tweaks and some positive comments to take on board, but i hope to see a British built bike.

Typical of the UK. Someone is willing to risk a move into the Trials market and prepared to design a lightweight bike and innovate and what's the reponse??? Lets kick em now... The Money has gone on producing a Strong lightweight Frame with the tank and air filter/inlet moved to the "ideal" position. Yes the finish is a bit rough but I expect the production versions to be better as they take on the feedback they are getting from the show. Unlike the Xispa which is a series of Chinese parts assembled in Spain. It looks like a serious attempt to produce a home grown bike with as many parts as possible from the UK and Europe. I look forward to seeing it at a trial.

You make some fair comments but the UK market is very much more demanding that it ever has been in the past. If you are expecting people to part with

cant help but agree with all the challanging points put on here. in motorcycles nothing is new just recycled so packaging and promotion are everything.

now theres one thing greeves are good at its launching products /bikes. the 'new' greeves p65 bike was much lauded on launch but as a reguler competitor in lancs yorks and cumbria i aint seen one yet.

i have purchased myself the electronic ignition that they put on the market 10 years ago. it worked a treat and was fit and forget. it was expensive but it did what was claimed of it.

i'd truely love to buy a modern british trials bike if it were as relaible and had the back up that say beta and gas gas do. but this bike looks as someone said like an 80's bmx bike, with nothing in design to reccomend it to ordinary joe riders ( unlike sherco's base / cheap model which is a great idea) cost is a big factor, sure guys will pay the big bucks ( 4RT as an example, nut the product must be proven, and look good) but to ask 5300 for a lookalike with poor colour scheme and limited appeal is not great business

as they say on Dragons Den ''I'm out''