Barcelona Indoor

beaver1966

If it wasn't for Browny riding, I would have turned it off. The sections were too hard, lacked imagination .. and quite boring ( to watch that is )

Even some parts of the crowd fell asleep :D - The riders didn't look like they were enjoying it either..

Come on guys, the crowd want to see a show, not loads of 5's and not being able to even get into the section :blush:

p.s. I'm in my grumpy Monday morning mode :D

The event was apprecited to watch live i cannot fault that, but how dissapointing was it to watch the majority of riders five the first part, it was crazy. I presume before the live stuff they ran the other way.Wonder what that was like. I just hop they learn from it.Im sure they will we all make mistakes and i for one look forward to seeing the last few rounds LIVE. Thanks Eurosport.

Oh yeah and too our local club rider Micheal well done mate, you never gave up and gave it you all. ITs gonna come.

The event was apprecited to watch live i cannot fault that, but how dissapointing was it to watch the majority of riders five the first part, it was crazy. I presume before the live stuff they ran the other way.Wonder what that was like. I just hop they learn from it.Im sure they will we all make mistakes and i for one look forward to seeing the last few rounds LIVE. Thanks Eurosport.

Oh yeah and too our local club rider Micheal well done mate, you never gave up and gave it you all. ITs gonna come.

Was it shown earlier in the day? It certainly wasn't live at 8.00pm unless of course it's still sunny in Spain at that time of day. But then if it hadn't have been so boring I wouldn't be looking at roof construction etc. I did manage to sit through all 2 hours of it but it was a strain.

All big ups with little or no variation, hardly entertaining.

Edited by PERCE

Most. Boring. Trial. EVAH!

What the hell were they thinking?

"I know, let's have a mahooooosive step into the section, then on the off chance that anyone gets past that, let's put another one in the middle."

"Brilliant Pedro, now what about the next section?"

"The same, but with skips this time. They'll never notice."

"Genius. Siesta?"

"Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

If I were the commissioning editor at Eurosport, I'd be pretty p****d off this morning.

I total agree with all the comments i have been riding and watching trails all my life in one format or another and the problem with indoor trials is that due to the nature of the material that is used to create section it is generally very consistant to ride and so throws up no variables or suprises, i.e moving stones, slipery roots, smooth wet rocks.. etc etc and there very rarely does there seem to be any variance in the way a section can be riden, which line to take etc and so it seems the only way that the organisers of this event, and i could be wrong but i thought the course was designed by The GREAT Jordi Tarres, thought they could make it hard enough to produce a clear winner and test Toni was to make the entrance to the sections so fffing hard and potential dangerous that only a hand full of them would be riden right through and only a few would even manage to get into the section.

It was untterly boring, don't get me wrong Toni was awesome his control of the low down power of the 4rt was used almost faultlessly in obtaining and retaining grip, very rarely did the bike seem to get above a low growl. But Making sections that are so hard all we get to see is riders faling to even enter sections is a sure fire way to keep the sport marginalised in the way it is, which is a shame considering its potential to draw huge crowds. People don't want to see riders failing at every attemped that is not drama or entertainment. Take the world wide audience of WRESTLING a sport which i personally don't get. Millions watch and support and attend and cheer and buy merchandise for a "rehearsed Play Fight" yet despite this it is hugely popular, and that is down to the percieved level of drama and entertainment. Likewise with football it is the possibilty of an upset or suprise result, the drama of a red card or a penalty changing a game that makes it so popular.

If trials persists with sections so predicatable and linear and continues down the route of almost totally unrideable design then Euro Sport ( Many Thanks to the programe planners for airing Trials) surely will start to see diminshing returns for their obviousl and considerable investment in televising the sport and so trials will go back to the dark days of no tv coverage.

My final thought aptly is for the final section of the trial, introduce a bit of natural uneven surfaced tree trunks and you have argueably the best section of the night, riders got in ok , got caught out and had 5's, riders got through with the odd foot down but in the main it was riderable but took marks!!! Now can anyone tell me who it was who designed that section???? Me Thinks it was a legendary english trials rider!!

I haven't watched an indoor trial for a while,it's lost it's appeal for me. ;)

Am I just imagining things or are there a lot more injuries with modern sections now?

I realise it's easy for me just to throw a few ideas into a keyboard but I do think that a strategically placed 'mat', consisting of beads racked up like a giant, shiatsu massage board (or those taxi driver seat-cover beads ) could reduce the need to have such severe obstacles in the sections.

Limiting the predictability of drive/traction/braking could make even small steps or leaps very, err..'entertaining'..

The riders would really have to stabilise their bikes before launching....or on landing!!

Just don't ask me to test it out first.

;) I've just re-read this passage... and it seems a bit loopy, but as they say in the movies...''It's a lang shat, but it moight just woik''....I'm gonna press the 'add reply' button anyway :D

The Trial was pretty typical for Barcelona - I think it tries to be more spectacular by going bigger rather than technical

I don't know if Jordi had a hand in the design but it is usually run and designed by his brother. In one shot Jack Burnicle actually mentioned Jordi when he spotted him but I think it was his brother. They do look very similar and when I first met him I thought it was jordi as I didn't even know he had a brother!

The Spanish riders always have a huge advantage in their home rounds as most of the sections are used in varying formats in thier own national championship. Mind you with most of the entry now Spanish I don't suppose there is much advantage.

A lot of them are big chequer plate boxes which are just stacked in varying arrangements. When I was minding for Jarvis we even considered making a couple of replicas to use for practice!!