2007 Montesa 4rt Questions

johnnyboxer

Just bought a 2007 4RT

It's in totally standard form, when I purchased it.

Having had a 2005 and 2006 4RT, can anyone tell me the definitive differences between the earlier 4RT's and the later 2007 bikes

Silencer looks different and it's definitely quieter

I've read that the clutch is better, is this true?

It feels good, but my earlier 4RT's both had the larger 315 clutch master cyinder and I found them ok

Any other significant differences? I've heard the 2007 bike had a different cam

Anyone with a 2007 4RT - Do you like it??

Edited by Johnnyboxer

Hi, i had an 07, loved it so much that now i have an 08 model. Clarkey

2007 Changes include:

New designed Cam Shaft and de-compressor system to facilitate easier Kick Start operation

New Rear Silencer. The internal body has been modified in order to minimise exhaust noise.

New Exhaust Silencer Protector. Now comes with a decal displaying the 4RT logo instead of the same raised into mould

New electronic meter panel which is now digital and waterproof.

New Renthal handlebar.

New Headlight and Panel

New Front Disc Protector.

New Wire harness divided into 3 sections to facilitate de-restriction to Competition Spec.

New Graphics and Decoration.

Hey

I have had a 06 and now have an 07 and the 07 is definitely a better bike.

The clutch is very good standard so it does not need alteration, i.e. mitani plates or 315r master cylinder. But for me its the cam that makes all the difference. The engine feels even better and I thought the 06 was amazing. Obviously as clarkey said no really major changes but why change such an amazing bike.

Have fun riding it. ;)

Depends how you ride ???

The biggest improvement i made was fitting a twin map ignition ecu.

The bike was transformed, I had it set with the softest and most powefull settings (mild n wild), but only ever use it in old codgger mode.

The shape of the cam is exactly the same as the other 4rt's, only the decompressor has changed for better starting.

I was told by a reputably dealer that the cams were different because the 07 has a higher compression but that could have been achieved with a different de-compressor. Anyways I still find the 07 has a lot more torquey as well as being easier to start ;)

I was told by a reputably dealer that the cams were different because the 07 has a higher compression but that could have been achieved with a different de-compressor. Anyways I still find the 07 has a lot more torquey as well as being easier to start ;)

The ECU changed each year (look at the partnumbers of each year) that makes the difference, i have several standard body's each with an other partnumber (last three numbers).

About the cam-shape, i had spoken with a technician from the Montesa team at the Luxemburg GP last year.

The ECU changed each year (look at the partnumbers of each year) that makes the difference, i have several standard body's each with an other partnumber (last three numbers).

About the cam-shape, i had spoken with a technician from the Montesa team at the Luxemburg GP last year.

True the maps in the ECUs are different year on year which could account for the differences in engine characteristics.