09 Sps Carb For 320

gregrsv

The SPS carb is designed to eliminate hesitation when you whack the throttle, has nothing to do with starting.

I do not know about the 07 but on the 08 the pilot circuit is critical for good starting, set the idle up and set the air screw, if it is the Keihin carb at 1/2 to 3/4 turns out.

Wayne

Thanks guys

The reason i was asking is because the 320 i have has been modified with a bigger flywheel and the addition of a 24mm oko ,

ive mucked about with pilot scre adjustment and needle , etc but the symptoms dont seem to change much , i'd like to put a carb std to the bike on it to get to a decent starting point to see if it eliminates this starting issue .

I am nearly at the stage of getting rid of the bike for something that starts , but its saving grace is when it is running its a great bike , with brilliant low down power and very easy to get grip in most instances.

if i can isolate this problem by trying the proper carb i'll be keeping 4t for sure!

greg

I've had both an 07 & now an 09 3.2 and they both started with no problems. The SPS carb makes the bike run a little nicer, but the 07 ran pretty darn good to.

If your bike has a different carb that would surely be your starting issues and shouldn't be blamed on the bike. You should be very happy with the bike if you get the proper SPS carb.

Edited by sirhc

• 2 weeks later...

:(

I bought an 09 style carb from the sherco dealer i fitted it today and instant improvement is apparent on the starting issues ive been dogged with hot or cold its max a couple of kicks so thats great , ive even tried it up hill stalling and downhill and it still goes first or second kick ,

its a lot sharper off the bottom end than when it had the 24mm oko fitted , but i ' drather that than a bike you cant start half the time.

I still have the larger flywheel conversion fitted as i have not got an original flywheel or casing to try , but i think i'll just run with that , if anything i think the increased flywheel effect will be softening the power off the bottom end and help prevent stalls in low speed stuff .

One thingi have noticed at the top end its a hell of a lot more powerful the little oko carb must have been strangling the bike something terrible.

cheers for all your ideas and comments

greg

I think i'll hang on to this bike now! by the way 300 quid in the uk for an SPS carb not cheap , but in my case well worth it!!