Torque Settings

pete250

I don't have the torque spec handy, but as for the second question- there is a vent screw in the upper radiator tank that is accessible from the front. M6 sockethead with a gasket. Removing it will allow the air to bleed as you are refilling. It makes it easier to get the system full.

RonM--

That's great, I never knew about that vent screw. Do you know if it's on the Rev 3?

As far as the first question, I always torque bolts down 'til they break, and then quickly back off 1/2 turn. (Sorry, but lately it seems like that's what I do. I've had a few broken screws.)

Cheers,

Richard

I`ve often wondered about torque settings . :o

All or most of the bolts on my 98 techno must have a setting but it doesnt give any in the manual, well.... in my manual anyway

I wouldve thought that some of the bolts settings to be very important. :lol: to gain a mention.

I suppose all Beta owners have to keep ringing up J.Lampkin

Dont know about other makes

regards

N

I just found my copy of torque settings that were posted awhile back. These are for a Rev 3, but I would think they are the same for the Techno.

Cylinder to Crankcase = 20-23 NM (15-17 LbF)

Cylinder head to Cylinder = 15-16 NM (11-12 LbF)

Hope this helps,

Richard