Who Said Hello To Me At The Scott?

Guest Yamaha_dude

Guest Yamaha_dude

When i was observing up at calver someone said, something something something yamaha dude.

I said, Alright.

Im not sure who it was though, number 141, int programme it says boyd webster, which of you is boyd webster???

Edited by Yamaha_dude

Guest Yamaha_dude

in my section (64) 10 before the last section (74) graham came third, at the same time as the first two but he came through the section third... if you know what i mean, amos was quite a way back i think, not too far but a while after grimbo.

Amos wont be fastest but he may well have won on points.

The rumour is jarvis has won again though... :o

Michael Phillipson was not riding - has a virus - finishing order up the field was Jarvis, Dabill, Austermuhle, Connor, Alderson - my money's on Jarvis winning again. Boyd Webster got through well - he shouted to me in Cold Knuckles that he had upset a few people - pushed his way through the gaggle I expect - there were 60 riders queuing to get up the waterfall at one time I reckon. Absolute chaos, but great - another fantastic Scott, and well done to John Fraser and his team for actually getting it to happen in such appalling conditions on Friday

Guest olly_sherco

What was the Montesa 4 Stroke like? My dad has one coming next week. Was Amos and the other two 4RT riders looking good?

Also were there any 05 Betas riding around up there?

Amos was the only rider on a Mont 4 stroke. It's bloody loud, I heard him coming up behind me and moved out of the way fast - sounds good, very raspy.

It was very wet yesterday and it was nice to see the bike finish without any of the problems that everybody has been banging on about!

There were another 2 Monts on the start field available for riders to play on. I only had 2-3 minutes on one but liked it straight away - crack the throttle open and it responds instantly, not what I was expecting at all :D

I heard that John Sunter was 10 - 15 minutes in front towards the end of the day but unfortunately got a front puncture :lol: He was smiling at the awards ceremony though, whilst signing his autograph....

The only 05 Beta I saw was parked up on display by TW Bikesport. The clutch and front brake master cylinders are new along with both brake calipers. I want one and I want one now :o

I saw a lot of blurs - red, blue, yellow. Amos nearly binned it when he raced past...

I was stranded for about 20 minutes just before section 18 whilst trying to fix the chain and only saw 4 or 5 bikes go past. Every other bugger had passed me on the moors. I'm sure I didn't hold anyone up though, well apart from Underbanks "Sorry fella's" :o

Sunt, how much did your 'training day' raise at the auction?

Kinell. We were waiting for you at sections 58 and 59. Flask was ready, but you would have had to get to the top of the section first. Of all riders through I had one 2, (Jarvis) about thirteen 3s and all the rest were fives.

Should I give it a crack next year? I'll sponsor you if you sponsor me....... :o