Soth Midland Centre Expert Round 22/3/09

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say... I really enjoyed myself. I rode the clubman route and that was pretty much spot on. A good variety of sections and all were doable. Admittedly not by me but thats a different story.

Looking at the expert route, it did seem a bit easy but thats just my opinion.

Join us next time in the marking out and we will take your expert opinion.

So defensive!!

Not an expert opinion, just common sense.

Am guessing you have used the venue before? Even if you haven't surely a man of your experience knows that water will get dragged up and make the going super slippy......

In answer to 'Steve' think one of the main reasons that John Cowley, Richard Allen, Chris Koch etc dont ride is down to a couple of silly trials where people got excluded for not riding on the road... Might be wrong though, just what I heard!

In answer to 'Steve' think one of the main reasons that John Cowley, Richard Allen, Chris Koch etc dont ride is down to a couple of silly trials where people got excluded for not riding on the road... Might be wrong though, just what I heard!

Take Alexz and Sam out the picture, are you saying these are the top in the Centre. Flippin heck we are in trouble! They will all be getting a free bus pass soon. Where's the next generation? Is there nothing in between Sam & Alexz and Dad's Army?

And before you have a go at me the 3 riders mentioned above are all good friends of mine and are dammed good riders. But surely there must be some younger talent? 10 years ago there were guys like Dave Rolls, Steve Rees, Jon Pearson, er.. even me on a good day and several others that could all win an OTC

So defensive!!

Not an expert opinion, just common sense.

Am guessing you have used the venue before? Even if you haven't surely a man of your experience knows that water will get dragged up and make the going super slippy......

Noticed you didn't take up the offer, guess unlike me and the other commitee memebers you don't want to take a day off work for the enjoyment of others.

Common sense doesn't come into it when you have sandy banks that turn into clay for some reason.

As you were obviuosly not there perhaps you could re consider my offer or shut up! For your information Chris Koch was second.

Richard Allen doesn't ride for other reasons for which I agree with John Cowley doesn't for other reasons that I don't know, but as both of these are over 40 i think they aren't really the ones missing.

The only trial where exclusions occured (as far as I know) was wycombe in which riders put bikes in vans to transport from one section group to another, hardly accepatable surely?

If you must criticise please be faultless first?

We did the best we could in the time available but won't bother next year with an expert championship round.

We did the best we could in the time available but won't bother next year with an expert championship round.

This is probably the first and the last time I will ever agree with you but I thought it was a good trial even though i rode badly and got a crap score.

The centre needs harder trials like this one. All the moaners should learn to read, it clearly says "expert champoinship round" on the entry form so should expect it to be hard. Experts avoid youth / inter / 50-50 etc championship rounds becuase we know they will be easier so its not unfair to expect riders of the other routes to miss or get a high socre at an expert round.

Edited by Lennie

Common sense doesn't come into it when you have sandy banks that turn into clay for some reason.

Sand and Water? Next time sprinkle a bit of ''Blue Circle'' when it sets it will turn into a main road ;)

That''ll please em.................

The centre needs harder trials like this one.

I know you are giving the trial praise but,

I cant see how you can call that a hard trial, the top end of the expert route dropped around 30/40 marks as did the 50/50 route, so that says to me it was spot on, not hard at all just right. when the winners start droppin 80/90 marks then it's hard!

As for the water dragging up on the banks it made it a bit more of a challenge but not dangerous or impossible the sport we ride is motorcycle trials after all. If they just want to ride around a nice track all day I suggest the buy a cheap nasty caravan and a staffi and take up motocross.

I know you are giving the trial praise but,

I cant see how you can call that a hard trial, the top end of the expert route dropped around 30/40 marks as did the 50/50 route, so that says to me it was spot on, not hard at all just right. when the winners start droppin 80/90 marks then it's hard!

As for the water dragging up on the banks it made it a bit more of a challenge but not dangerous or impossible the sport we ride is motorcycle trials after all. If they just want to ride around a nice track all day I suggest the buy a cheap nasty caravan and a staffi and take up motocross.

It was hard compared to an average trial in the centre.

Noticed you didn't take up the offer, guess unlike me and the other commitee memebers you don't want to take a day off work for the enjoyment of others.

As you were obviuosly not there perhaps you could re consider my offer or shut up! For your information Chris Koch was second.

Richard Allen doesn't ride for other reasons for which I agree with John Cowley doesn't for other reasons that I don't know, but as both of these are over 40 i think they aren't really the ones missing.

The only trial where exclusions occured (as far as I know) was wycombe in which riders put bikes in vans to transport from one section group to another, hardly accepatable surely?

If you must criticise please be faultless first?

Jeez! Is it possible for anyone to say anything to you ever without it being turned into you argueing the case or an unrelated case??

I know the answer but anyway -

I was not criticising

I said "I think the reason they dont ride" I dont know the reasons and was only trying to answer a question that was not aimed at you and my response was not aimed at you and yet straight away you rare up for a row. BTW I do agree with you - riders should be punished for using vans etc on a road trial.

And no, at this time I am not able to give up what free time I have on a Saturday to help mark out a trial. I work Saturday mornings and have a young family who I quite like to see and spend time with - which I assume is still not a crime even to you!

Maybe when I am your age I will be in a position to give something back to my sport................ Unless of course it's an event you are involved in, in which case I would probably stay away for fear of you turning a simple 'good morning' into some kind of row! :rolleyes:

Jeez! Is it possible for anyone to say anything to you ever without it being turned into you argueing the case or an unrelated case??

I know the answer but anyway -

I was not criticising

I said "I think the reason they dont ride" I dont know the reasons and was only trying to answer a question that was not aimed at you and my response was not aimed at you and yet straight away you rare up for a row. BTW I do agree with you - riders should be punished for using vans etc on a road trial.

And no, at this time I am not able to give up what free time I have on a Saturday to help mark out a trial. I work Saturday mornings and have a young family who I quite like to see and spend time with - which I assume is still not a crime even to you!

Maybe when I am your age I will be in a position to give something back to my sport................ Unless of course it's an event you are involved in, in which case I would probably stay away for fear of you turning a simple 'good morning' into some kind of row! :rolleyes:

I think you started the argument if that s what it is, by saying I should use common sense.

I have a young family I gave up a friday off work. When you do as I do feel free to criticise.