Beta Rev 3

trialsteve

I have just bought a 2000 Beta rev 3 (actually paid for a 2001 but have since learnt it's a 2000)

I'm having a little bother, firstly the fan aint working,

secondly since putting fresh fuel in it it's running like a bag of sh**!

Is there a common fault with the fan?

What fuel should I use, what ratio,and what oil should I use?

Should I use ATF in the gearbox?

Will be grateful for any help

With engine running, short the thermostat switch. Fan should come on. If not a new fan is probably in order.

70:1 - 100:1 common oil ratio with good synthetic. Racing fuel is best because the bike won't tolerate marginal pump fuel at all well.

ATF in a Beta tranny makes the clutch very abrupt. I prefer any of the good synthetic gear oils like Spectro Golden Gear or Honda HP.

With engine running, short the thermostat switch. Fan should come on. If not a new fan is probably in order.

70:1 - 100:1 common oil ratio with good synthetic. Racing fuel is best because the bike won't tolerate marginal pump fuel at all well.

ATF in a Beta tranny makes the clutch very abrupt. I prefer any of the good synthetic gear oils like Spectro Golden Gear or Honda HP.

Dan is correct in "jumping" the thermo switch, but don't run out and but a fan motor quite yet. Test the motor with 12V applied to the fan leads directly. If it runs, you could have a rectifier or regulator problem, less costly than a fan motor! Just FYI! :guinness:

use any 'branded' super unleaded. buy from the busiest garages so that the stock is fairly fresh. with pFS tanks holding 20k litres super can sit about a bit so hunt out a supermarket for best price and newest fuel.

as for decoking cant rate a new mid box highly enough replaced mine and the thing was instantly better.. ( thanks to andy at Pennine trialsport for the advice and bits..)