Rev3 Fllywheel Weight With Or Without?

jokerr

Hi.There is a flywheel weight you can remove.I have the same bike as you and I haven,t and I won,t remove it.Reason being its plenty enough as it is for me.Particularly when I,m in the process of falling off I generally have this habit of trying to stay on,often by holding on to the handlebars,which ends up with me twisting the throttle and loop the loop one way or the other.If it was any more fruity or aggresive I would be scared.Have you got a fast action throttle?They can make a difference.Also cakky silencers slows up things.Also I remember reading somewhere here that the flywheel weight helped in UK conditions,something to do with traction in the wet.But maybe you are an ace rider and need as much grunt as possible.I,m not and I find it plenty as it is.Thats my opinion and I haven,t tried it without.People do say it makes em frisky.Try it.You can always put it back again.All the best

thanks guys. checked out previous threads and if more than 50% leave it on then thats good enough for me. looks like it's a suck it and see option. but defo not an ace rider at this time so will focus on not falling off and look at it at a later date. ta.

• 2 months later...

Hello again-just realised after 8 months that I don,t have a weight on the flywheel :D .Just tried it with one on and not quite sure if I like it.Smooth it is,possibly spongey,maybe even dull. I can see it coming off fairly soon.tis lovely smooth though.I will see how it goes.Shows how much I know ........

I am thinking of doing this.

Is it as simple as removing the cover and unbolting the weight from the flywheel or is there more to it?

Thanks

if you can take the flywheel off or have an impact gun then its dead easy to counter sunk screws, remove the spacer when you put the cover back on.......... thats it!!!!