Your Opinion?

joel

In my opinion...SHERCO is the best bike! :hl: Based upon my experiences, overall it tends to be the most reliable and easy to ride bike, also mine always comes up like new (unluck Gas Gas...ahem!! - although these ride as well as they break...which is very well/alot). It seems to me that SHERCO have tried to take all the best bits from all the bikes and have suceeded to make a fantastic trials bike that can be ridden well by all riders...regardless of age and riding ability/level...this is probably to the five or so different sized engined bikes that all fit snuggly inside the same chassis, giving a wide variety of choice :) . But other companys do this aswell (Beta, Gas Gas), then again, you cant beat a good old Honda or Yamaha or even Beta engined bike. So basically, just ride as many as you can and then you are faced with the hardest decision of which one you like the most! Hint - SHERCO are very good :lol::(:D! (If you choose Gas Gas you have to be quite a good mechanic :D:D:lol: ) Please don't tell me off for insulting Gas Gas ever so slightly!

Good Luck

Milky

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy

It could still work if comments had to be reviewed before inclusion. Folks could email in the reviews and you and some of your chosen few could review them for inclusion. A warning in the comment option could explain that anything other than matter of fact comment about the bike in question (i.e. not slagging other makes) will ever be concidered for inclusion.

I think it could work and would be a great addition.

Guest Yamaha_dude

The obvious solution of this to me is: Find one of your select few who is not biast about one bike or hates another make of bike. Then get them to review them. Getting any old jibba jabba to review the bikes wouldnt do because of the biast opinions. Get one person to test them all. :D

It's not about the bike folks !

Its about the guy or gal that's riding it :D

The reality is there's virtually zero performance difference between all the bikes. That's why there isn't a dominant manufacturer, take a look at the results in TMX, no bike is always on top, no bike is a consistent loser.

Just pick a colour, or flip a coin.

People will recommend the bike they ride...so basically your only asking which is the most popular bike...and everyone knows thats a gasser.

No one will recommend a different bike to the one they ride...it doesn't make sense otherwise...why recommend another bike if you dont ride one?

You will here the same 'blah blah blah' of the best bike things thats put onto these forums everyday...the only way you can get information about a bike is to RIDE IT.

As r2w said, get down to the BMV bike tester day, there you can sample all the bikes for your personal comfort, and then you can get a more useful input on the bikes...

Once you (for example) feel that you like the gasser, you can get more of a specific imput on the bike its self rather then the 'Gas Gas are better then sherco because your gay' and all that B*****ks.

You can ask more useful questions such as the average cost of maintenance and problems that my occur...

Good Luck with what ever you choose...*cough* Montesa *cough*

Edited by HRC2002

No bike is always on top, no bike is a consistent loser.

Maybe not, but certain brands of trials bikes can consistantly be seen being fixed and repaired, while others are obviously more dependable and manufactured to a higher quality level. You can pay the price up front, or pay the price of parts and repairs later.

Harley or Indian.

Indian riders back in the 40's used to love saying, "Harley Davidson, made of tin, ride 'em out and push 'em in". Contrary to popular opinion, this wasn't originally written, "Maico Breako, made-a-tin... etc"

I ride a an 03 125 GG and it is great. I have tried all the others (friends bikes) but still keep returning to my little yellow wonder. A friend of my who's son rides a Sherco keeps making horrible remarks about how crap GG's are, but he has had to pull out of about three or four trials because his bike has broken down. I have never not finished a trial because of bike problems, just rider problems!