Go Patrick Go

city trials

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good showing!

I think Pat was noticably overwound going into this first JR event. Add the travel and crap! I talked to him a bit last weekend and he was just not himself.

He just needs to relax and do his thing, it is Ok, have some FUN boy!! Craig, tell him, You only sucked on the first day! Ha! :thumbup:

I wish I could see all those sections so I could figure out how to get that many points out of him! And the others! In Oklahoma! :lol:

:lol:

Time flies ! couldn't believe he was that old already! :thumbup:

But fair play, Pat jumped up the places bigtime on the second day. Well done

All the ages are trial on line here http://www.trialonline.org/01%20TRIAL.FIM/...TES%20CHOIX.htm

Pat is 8 months younger than Alexz, 6 months older than jack.

I was impressed with Ross, his scores didn't reflect his riding.

Edited by Nigel Dabster

How were the sections for him compared to what he would ride in the US?

First day some sections on the mountain were long and really technical. Another aspect of the Irish sections are the mid-sized, wet, round, slippery stones, about knee and hip high, spaced just enough apart to create absolute havoc. Add to the fact they're on pretty steep slopes and oddly placed. Toss in moistness and thrown in really tight turns and you've got one nasty section.

That's what I told Pat he needs to work on.

In the US they like to make things mostly big, not technical. WTC sections rarely use kickers, they force the rider to climb the larger rocks from a very short distant, usually needing to be touching the ribbon with the rear tire. This just scares the crap out of me when I see Pats' rear tire touching a ribbon, fearing a rip, and a 5 on the card. Strange, me seeing him narrowly balanced on one wheel - on the very rock, doesn't bother me a bit, at all.

The stadium sections (1, 15) could've been a bit longer.

Ireland's a tough stop on the tour. The weather is unpredictable. It's the beginning of the season. We're three guys from the midwest of America who are just trying to fit in a super competitive series against 3 World Championships and a bunch of other super talented riders that have far more support than we're receiving at the moment. For crying out loud, Sherco couldn't even come up with food or drinks in the paddock - and we nearly ran out of frekin' gas. Try to ask for can of gas - and we get a half english/half spanish response, "only 4-stroke." Hello, Sherco, you make a two stroke too. To top it off, nearly every riders Mum's was there. I even met Dougie's Mum. We needed a Mum.

Sidebar: I'll be sure to bet 20 pound on the 100 to 1 shot in next years Grand National. Another thing American's can't enjoy. A killer (no pun intended) horse race. PETA would be up in arms.

Example of a Irish section of havoc. #5. See Noel looking up, he's about at the 1/2 up part of the section. There must've been a half dozen sections like this. This one started on that trail at the very bottom, some 150 feet down the steep mountain.

post-61-1239099826.jpg

Edited by City Trials

On a personal note. I was publicly hard on Noel Saturday after the event - and to Noel, who reads this under Northern Norm, I'd like to say sorry, bro. Noel worked his butt off all weekend. Noel gives everything he has for this sport - and leaves nothing behind. When his day is done, he's put in enough for a dozen men. Noel is my hero. Who else you know could replace a severely damaged passport in less than 24 hours and still make it to Ireland in time for Friday night High Tea?

Edited by City Trials

On a personal note. I was publicly hard on Noel Saturday after the event - and to Noel, who reads this under Northern Norm, I'd like to say sorry, bro. Noel worked his butt off all weekend. Noel gives everything he has for this sport - and leaves nothing behind. When his day is done, he's put in enough for a dozen men. Noel is my hero. Who else you know could replace a severely damaged passport in less than 24 hours and still make it to Ireland in time for Friday night High Tea?

Maybe Pat was not the only one that was overclocked a bit! I'm surprised anyone gets any sleep after you finish the boiled eggs, beer and sardines! :thumbup: