St Davids Entry List

jimmyl

See below for provisional riders list for 2009 St Davids to be held on 18th /19th April.

A full house of 55 riders.

2009 St David's Entry

Rider Championship

Number

2 Michael Brown MRS Sherco Scarborough

3 Shaun Morris BETA 280 Charnock Richard

4 Alexz Wigg BETA-UK.com Winslow

5 Sam Haslam JST Gas Gas 300 Chalfont Saint Peter

6 Ross Danby JST Gas Gas 280 Bewdley

7 George Morton BETA-UK.com 290 Rossendale

8 Craig Robinson Gas Gas Buxton

10 James Dabill JST Gas Gas 300 Leeds

12 Jack Challoner BETA-UK.com Halifax

Youth Youth

41 Jack Sheppard Beta-uk.com 125 Ipswich

42 Richard Sadler Sherco 125 Leyburn

43 Josh Brain Azzy Gas Gas 125 Isle of Man

Expert Expert A

21 Sam Connor 290 Beta-UK.com Beta Teddington

22 Ian Austermuhle BETA-UK.com Malton

23 Gary Macdonald Sherco Kinlcohleven

24 Lee Sampson TRC Gas Gas Sheffield

25 Liam Walker JST Gas Gas 300 Pontefract

26 Jonathan Richardson MRS Sherco 125 Skeeby Richmond

27 Ben Morphett BETA-UK.com 125 Herne Bay

28 Jonny Walker ACE Gas Gas 125 Keswick

29 James Fry MRS Sherco Brighton

30 Chris Pearson MRS Sherco 290 Dronfield

31 Ben Wibberly Stevens Gas Gas Herne Bay

32 Dan Thorpe JST Gas Gas UK 300 Chesterfield

33 Jack Spencer BETA-UK.com Tanstead Bacup

34 Gary Jenkins MRS Sherco Newtown

35 Andy Chilton sandiford montesa Scarborough

36 Dan Farrer 280 JST Gas Gas Dronfield

37 Matthew Jones MRS Sherco 290 S****horpe

Expert B

51 Sam Ludgate Scorpa Pontefract

52 Ricky Wiggins Albion Gas Gas 250 Yeovil

53 John Crinson Birkett Scorpa 270 Sunderland

54 James Carr Birkett Scorpa 270 Scarborough

55 Andrew Blackman BVM Gas Gas 300 East Meon

56 Zac Sherwin Beta 250 Leeds

57 Philip Kettlewell Gas Gas Northallerton

58 Danny Gamble BETA Harrogate

59 Daniel Greatorex Gas Gas 250 Matlock

60 Joshua Law Cowm Leisure Gas Gas 280 Rochdale

61 Shaun Fox BETA 250 Stourport

62 Adam Milner BETA EVO 290 Malton

63 Josh Woods BETA-UK.com St Helens

64 Becky Cook MRS Sherco Isle of Wight

65 Grant Laming Gas Gas Portland

66 Craig Talbot BVM BETA 290 Chippenham

67 Buster Regan ? Willenhall

68 Ben Bramwell Birkett Scorpa Crewkerne

69 Lloyd Price Gas Gas 300 Maesteg

70 Wayne Jones BETA 250 Carmarthen

71 David Carter Montesa 4RT Haverfordwest

72 Martin Hawyes BETA 290 Saltash

73 Vincent Branch Gas Gas 125 Thame

74 Darren Williams Gas Gas 300 Llansanffraid

75 Adam Jones MRS Sherco 290 S****horpe

76 Ben King Gas Gas 300 Aylesbury

Edited by jimmyl

• 2 weeks later...

40 odd of the 55 riders turned up for todays practice for Sundays British Champ Round 3 - The St Davids Trial held by Neath MCC.

The drying course seemed to offer challenges to all without taking huge numbers of marks, something aimed for and asked for by the ACU.

A few minor adjustments should see tomorrow offer up 15 tricky sections covered twice.

Forecast is good so if at a loose end venture down to the outskirts of Neath for what will be a cracking BTC event.

Great day out - Neath put on a good trial and the Expert A & B routes looked to be pretty much spot on. Good move to open up the event like this. :thumbup:

Dibs won a tightly fought trial as Michael was leading by 3 after the first lap - Finally finishing on 12 & 14 respectively.

Edited by AtomAnt

Thanks Atom, all seemed to go spot on today

Where did you buy that weather from? What a beautiful day it was - Last time I went there 2 years ago it was torrential rain and I couldn't get off the car park!

:thumbup:

Where did you buy that weather from? What a beautiful day it was

What a good day, think I caught the sun I am a bit RED !!! both Dibs and Browny right on the pace yet again the rest way behind it seems??

Just wonder where our next British World Trial condender is going to come from?

What a good day, think I caught the sun I am a bit RED !!! both Dibs and Browny right on the pace yet again the rest way behind it seems??

Just wonder where our next British World Trial condender is going to come from?

Are you saying Dibs and Browny are not?

Are you saying Dibs and Browny are not?

Andrew I knew it would be you that would respond :thumbup:

Sorry should have said ''World Champion''..........contenders they both are and skill levels way above any other British Trials Rider (apart from Dougie)

Just wondered where our next one might come from, because the present crop don't seem to be mixing it with these two?

I have to agree that Michael and James are in a different league - Micheal commented at the presentation that he wished there were a few more harder sections -possibly to give him chance to pull his 5 marks back off Dibs but if the sections where any harder they would have had the remainder of the entry upside down even more than they where. James and Micheal where nearly 40 marks better than the rest and the rest are pretty dam good.

Micheal was by far the better rider today but costly marks in section 1 and 3 on his 2nd lap added 8 to his score that he could not pull back. Don't know what he had at 1/2 time but it didn't suit. His ride on section 5 second lap where he jumped the last step was awesome!!!

Ross also looked really good today but scores didn't seem to reflect this.

Andrew I knew it would be you that would respond :thumbup:

Sorry should have said ''World Champion''..........contenders they both are and skill levels way above any other British Trials Rider (apart from Dougie)

Just wondered where our next one might come from, because the present crop don't seem to be mixing it with these two?

Michael and James are 23 and 22, wiggy is 19, Jack is 18, Jonathan Richaardson is 17, these are all contenders but I think times have changed.

No longer can you jump in at 18 and give the world championship a stab as our top guys are finding, from Dibs down.

They need to build up to the severity of the top routes at world level and I think the British lads are as good a crop of youngsters as any country.

Dibs then pune and now Gubian of France have all been Junior champions and look at their scores in Ireland, it is tough at the top and getting harder all the time.

How far any of them can go is nigh on impossible to tell when the top two (bou raga) are streets ahead of all the WTC?????????

The main thing is to get some support and give them all the best chance to do their best.

I have to agree that Michael and James are in a different league - Micheal commented at the presentation that he wished there were a few more harder sections -possibly to give him chance to pull his 5 marks back off Dibs but if the sections where any harder they would have had the remainder of the entry upside down even more than they where. James and Micheal where nearly 40 marks better than the rest and the rest are pretty dam good.

Micheal was by far the better rider today but costly marks in section 1 and 3 on his 2nd lap added 8 to his score that he could not pull back. Don't know what he had at 1/2 time but it didn't suit. His ride on section 5 second lap where he jumped the last step was awesome!!!

Ross also looked really good today but scores didn't seem to reflect this.

I first saw Ross at section 6 and I actually thought the way he rode that section (only Dabill beat his score of 1 on the first lap) he had a chance of going to go on and finish in 3rd place. But you know how it is in trials, a few losses of concentration and its all over.

All the 'rest of the pack' seemed to look to be struggling and I don't think any of them were riding to their potential. Some individual superb rides, then some dabs on soft parts of the sections, normally when trying to hold position.

So my summary is Yes, Dibs and Browny are like Bou & Raga in the Brit Champs - the rest whilst still very very good, have a way to go.. but the gap isn't as big as the scores show - Technically, they all look capable of catching them. Lets see shall we :thumbup:

Having read a few of the riders comments that have been posted it seems there were a few riders out of sorts, not sure if it was a hangover from the first round of the world champs, too many easter eggs, the weather or some of the more traditional section with mud in them.

Seems strange for several riders to be off form.