Munch You Got Your Bike Yet?

windlestone

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No nothing to do with me, I just think that if they don't appear soon it will be serious egg on face. I had the coversation today that it has probably been the worst PR sandifords have ever been involved in. Either they know nothing, or they don't care that people really do believe them when they say a week to ten days, whatever it is perhaps we will never know the true reason as to the delay. If its a major unsolvable fault then I can't see how there would be the 10 production (as far as we can tell) or so floating about apparently fine and dandy, amos's bike seemed standard and fine, and there was not much wrong with the bike I rode round the spanish shop. Just can't get my head round it.....unless its the software? :banana:

perhaps we will never know the true reason as to the delay.

I'm with you there. I doubt Joe Public will ever know the real reason. Speaking to someone at the weekend who has one on order, all paid for etc. (some time ago as well) and he says they have been halted because of a 'branding' issue that has to be corrected. ie; some are branded as Mont some Honda. Apparently they were all the same. Something to do with the front mudguard or stay. Wasn't really paying attention as I was taking it with a pinch of salt. So there is another reason for the delay from someone 'in the know'.

I just feel sorry for the poor sods that have ordered them, particularly those who have paid up front in full, and are being kept waiting without the slightest public sympathy or statement from the importers or factory. It is really disheartening to look forward to receiving your new bike and..........nothing. But they did the same with the 315.

It does remain a mystery.

How much money are the factory loosing?

They have ceased production on the only model they made and can't deliver the next model.

With the different engine sizes required by schoolboys these days it makes you wonder how the factory survives on one model?

I know it's honda and they are huge but i can't believe they would do anything that is going to loose them money.

Beta, GAS GAS, Scorpa and Sherco couldn't manage with one model i'm sure

They won't be losing money on this non show problem, for everyone that cancels an order there are more than one waiting to get on on the 4rt... it just means they are not getting the cash as soon as they could've

This would be a major problem for a smaller business, no cash in the door means no cash to pay the suppliers. (Of course the big H would bail them out)

When did Montesa sell the last '04 ?

Beta on the other hand have been selling their 05s, and hopefully getting the cash back from the importers, then onto the suppliers - e.g Verlicchi who make the frames for Beta, Ducati and Montesa.

Perhaps its a priority issue in the Verlicchi factory ;)

It's Tuesday and we need a conspiracy theory !

How much money are the factory loosing?

They have ceased production on the only model they made and can't deliver the next model.

I would have thought that there are only 1 or 2 production runs of Montesa trials bikes each year. The rest of the time I guess they assemble Honda road bikes etc.

Well no one I spoke to work out what was happening to the 4rt at BVM's test day. Apparently they have 12 on order and only one is coming out of the first batch. The bikes on test rode fine all day and they crtainly looked like production bikes to me. Apparently Wayne didn't know what the hold up was at all.