Mont 315r Bike Weight

mal315r

The biggest gripe I've got of my '02 315r is it's weight. I've weighed it at 79kg with fuel, the dry weight is supposed to be 73kg and for the life of me can't seem to work out why it's so heavy, any suggestions and tips on lightening the bike. I know there are trick parts out there but dont want to spend too much money if it is'nt going to make that much difference. Any info appreciated.

Thanks.

4litres of fuel=4kg approx, 1litre of coolant=1kg approx

4+1=5

73+5=79

Its a heavy bike, you wont be able to lose that much though... maybe 2 kg? Not a noticeable amount!

73+5=??????????????????? :dunce: Holy guacamole, you're worse than wor accountant ! Twas 78 in my day, and that's after we went metric.

The biggest gripe I've got of my '02 315r is it's weight. I've weighed it at 79kg with fuel, the dry weight is supposed to be 73kg and for the life of me can't seem to work out why it's so heavy, any suggestions and tips on lightening the bike. I know there are trick parts out there but dont want to spend too much money if it is'nt going to make that much difference. Any info appreciated.

Thanks.

Is it the actual figure 79kg you have a gripe with or how heavy it 'feels' to ride?

From what I recall the Monts feel very well planted and that's a feature of the original design.

If you want it to 'feel' lighter and more 'agile'?! you could try fitting a new delta plate kit to the rear shock and adjusting the front Showas for less damping...just a thought :dunce:

I personally prefer the standard setting but I am a plodder.

....any weight savings will be offset by the spares and spanners that you will have to carry in you bum bag.

.....also your skills will suffer because you will have less time to practise due to increased maintenence schedule.

Edited by for artie

....any weight savings will be offset by the tools and spanners that you will have to carry in you bum bag.

.....also your skills will suffer because you will have less time to practise due to increased maintenence schedule.

:thumbup: ..like it..