New.. Where To Ride? Midlands

rij

• 2 weeks later...
hi i'm getting back in to trials riding and need some where to ride!!!!

does any one know places to go around the midlands ??

Many thanks rij

Same here...

Saw a posting about a database, but can't find a link anywhere.

Also told there is a place in Button Oak, Bewdley - anyone got a contact number?

There is a farm at Shatterford, near Kidderminster, where the ownner allows riding. Can't remember the name of the farm, Birchwood maybe, but if you can find a contact number for Jeff Wells who runs the Stourbridge club he could tell you as they hold trials there. It's on the main Kidderminster to Bridgnorth Road, a mile or so past the junction with the B4189 road from Wolverley (Bridgnorth side) It's all banks cambers and roots, some pretty big banks. No rocks. When it's wet it's extremely slippery.

The place at Button Oak is owned by a caravan park which I don't know the name of. Been there once but can't remember exactly where it is. I think it is the only right turn in Button Oak and then you just need to find the caravan park. The road has a fork in it and both are dead ends so you have a 50/50 chance of taking the right one first. Rock stream but nothing big in it, banks and roots.

I prefer Shatterford as it is less hassle for parking which is also more secure. At Button Oak you have to leave your car/van up on the road on the grass verge which is very large but on the side of the road out of sight. Shatterford you park in the farm (it's not a farm in the normal sense, more a stables)

Whatever anyone tells you DO NOT go to Kinlet as practising is not allowed there and the owner is not at all happy when he finds people have been there

There is a farm at Shatterford, near Kidderminster, where the ownner allows riding. Can't remember the name of the farm, Birchwood maybe, but if you can find a contact number for Jeff Wells who runs the Stourbridge club he could tell you as they hold trials there. It's on the main Kidderminster to Bridgnorth Road, a mile or so past the junction with the B4189 road from Wolverley (Bridgnorth side) It's all banks cambers and roots, some pretty big banks. No rocks. When it's wet it's extremely slippery.

The place at Button Oak is owned by a caravan park which I don't know the name of. Been there once but can't remember exactly where it is. I think it is the only right turn in Button Oak and then you just need to find the caravan park. The road has a fork in it and both are dead ends so you have a 50/50 chance of taking the right one first. Rock stream but nothing big in it, banks and roots.

I prefer Shatterford as it is less hassle for parking which is also more secure. At Button Oak you have to leave your car/van up on the road on the grass verge which is very large but on the side of the road out of sight. Shatterford you park in the farm (it's not a farm in the normal sense, more a stables)

Whatever anyone tells you DO NOT go to Kinlet as practising is not allowed there and the owner is not at all happy when he finds people have been there

Thank Woody!!! :P