Montesa 99 Or 2000

stuessenhigh

Dear all....a post on behalf of my mate that is looking to buy a Mont.

He's not sure if its a 99 or 2000 model. I've been trying to "swot up" on the differences before I go to look at it with him. But they seem pretty similar..(plastics from what he says are not the proper ones anyway).

Only OBVIOUS thing I can see is the 2000 had a stainless front exhaust.

If anyone has any other obvious pointers...please let us know.

Thanks in advance :banana:

Hi Danny..

Thanks for that!! Now it should be obvious which model it is. It seems to be very popular in this neck of the woods, to put on newer plastics and then pretend the bike is newer too!!!

I doubt if the seller will have bothered to also change the forks though..so we should now know the truth!!!! :banana::banana:

Funny you should mention the plastic thing Stu, I was looking on ebay last nigt and saw a 2001 315 for sale with 2004 Plastics...it looked really good.

Nice to know you can do that if your on a tight budget and you want to make an older bike look a bit better :banana:

I like the 04 white rear mudguard on the mont.

Don't quote me on this but I think my 99 had a one pot front caliper and the 2000 had the double. As previously stated, the multi color forks would not be cost effective to replace as they are in the thousands I believe. I'm sure someone out there can verify this.