Bvm Moto Test Day

trials lad

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is where I think personal views get in the way of subjectivity, reading the above no one would think that the steering on a sherco was any good, but it was the only bike I though steered nuetrally, all the others particularily the Montesa seemed to either tuck in or wash out, to me. Now is that down to body position, handlebar set up, or bike geometry???

Bear in mind I have ridden a sherco for nearly 5 years so if my body position and feel in turns is not somewhere near then I havn't learned anything. Who knows?

Oh did I mention the 4rt?

The only down side, if you like the 4 stroke motor of course, I could find with it, was it seemed to run on when you shut the throttle after a small busrt say up a climb or step after you had shut off, apart from that no complaints really. Felt like a mont with a 4t in it. ;)

I didn't get to ride the Scorpa but Phil had a play on the 125... he reckoned his tlr200 honda was better!!  ;)

All you Scorpa owner: Don't dismay. It's just R2. He burned his tongue once on french onion soup and still hasn't gotten over it :lol:

Nice writeup regardless. :lol:

I felt that the best bike there after riding them all was defiantly the 280 gasser. Felt good in every way.

But i still felt that the Beta back end is the best going, but the bike does still feel quite big. One big shock to me was the 4 stroke Montesa. I thought that it would be quite a nice bike to ride, but i didnt like it and couldnt get on with it at all.

Crosswaite can still ride a bit. Impressive.

Very good report all that, will probably come in handy for some people. Shame we dont have a test day like that in Cumbria. What happens if you fall off one of the bikes and do quite a bit of damage, who pays ? Your right about the Sherco not having as much ground clearance as other bikes, my new one has about 1 1/2 inch less than my Scorpa did, got used to it already though.

Thanks R2. Sherco and Beta will be on test at Ravensdale near Richmond, on Kathryn Wardle's parents farm, soon so i will go and try them. The Mont sounding big and heavy concerns me as i'm used to the Pro. I'm amazed that the bikes did not sound like they were "set" up. Tickover i mean not levers as everyone has there own preferences.

I think the Sherco is the best looking bike followed by the Beta then the Mont. Beta sounds the best and theyappear to be reliable. Having said that and i'm sure most will agree maintainence goes a long way to reliability

Good honest and unbiased report R2. A good read, these are the type of reports that we need, it won't please everyone, but what is the point of that??

I could personally do with a bike report that basically says, oil the chain and change the air filter and that is yer service!!

That was one of the best things I've found with the sy scorpa, other than what i bust through heavy handedness , all i needed to do was change the air filter!! No linkage bushes as such, and it just kept on rolling.

As has been said , if you jump on a bike and it feels right for you, then it probably aint far off, that is what i found with the sy, and wit that the same reason that i didnt like the gg 280 or 300. That aint to say they dont work (for clearly a lot of folk they do !!) But really i didnt like em misen!!

Personal opinions are just that , but some info can help lots of folk when it brings up questions that people maybe hadn't thought about!! ;)

HI, had a mega day at the bvm test day and all the importer,s are a credit to our sport.they all turned up and were very helpfull and mega keen.my thought,s on the machines are the following,the new mont/honda is a superb piece of engineering but i do not know if it,s the way to go,you can either ride it or you cannot,all the gasser,s are superb,the sherco,s are a numb lump and the beta,s are good , just out of date.me personally will still be ordering a new 04 gasser 250,what a bargain!!!!!!!!,why buy an 05???????