Ssdt

whiz

Hi Folks

looking forward to next years ssdt? anyone out there thinking like me that it would be a good idea if the ladies did a three day trial say the thurs, fri, sat,

maybe this would encourage more of the great lady riders out there to give it a go.

just a thought what do you think?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ladies do very well riding the full event, and think by cutting their course short is like saying they are not up to it.

I don't mind getting beat by women riders all the more power to them! and I also believe in equality for women, if equality means the have to ride the same course.

I don't think is such a good idea as it is classed as a six day trial not a 3 day. If the women are not up to it then maybe they need more practice until they can cope with the full six days.

Many of the girls are very capable just look at Maria Conway who got a first class award in the men

ishy

i`m not saying that the ladies that ride the ssdt are anything less than capable of riding the course, they really do themselves proud, but i wonder if more of the ladies out there would be willing to give it ago if there was a shorter course. come on girls let us know what you think.

techno:

think you should keep your head down

Maria Conway who got a first class award in the men’s last year and the German Iris Kramer wasn't far behind. Katy Sunter also finished without problems. I believe that these girls just show it can be done and they don't need it to be easier!

No gendar classes in the SSDT thi pays thi money and takes your chance.

Now one or two young ladies, and a lot more young men read (SSDT the trials holiday in the highlands) :banana:

After riding the event once or twice and also taking a vacation to Disney world, I just can;t figure out the holiday bit :banana:

I think that Whiz should be praised for taking the wrath of all trials ladies upon his head. :banana:

I would suggest he keeps his head well down before one of them removes it for him.

A very brave comment, very brave :banana: we salute the passing of this brave soul............

So are these places allocated to the ladies for the three day event going to take places away from people wanting to do the six day event???

I'm all for equality. Just look at the problems with ladies golf, where women want to compete on the mens tour but can't because they have their own ladies tour. Maybe not a perfect example, but it's definitely better as it is. Totally equal and I'm sure most if not all of the ladies would agree. Why single them out, that's going backwards in my view.

Are you going to let men ride the three day trial as well, maybe the fat ones who couldn't handle six days :banana:

I rode the SSDT in 2003 and finished. Most women would not have a problem with the amount of days you ride but a lot has to do with cost. Actually in 2003 there were 8 women who rode. If you imagine how many men ride trials in the world compared to women then it was a big turn out. At a women's world round there is only around 30 riders. For me it is not the distance but the cost of traveling from the US and such. Many of the women probably don't have the money to ride it. Maybe this year the men can take up a collection to pay for say 10 women to ride. Just a thought!