Ssdt

whiz

Let me take this opportunity to say thank you to Nicole! Girl you did us proud! You go girl! If I had the dough I'd sponsor ya' no problem! It was a real pleasure riding with you at the oregon nationals last year. You are very talented and you inspired me to try and keep up or get my butt kicked. :banana: THAT IS A GOOD THING. I think really talented female riders deserve all the support, moral or otherwise, that we local schmoes can muster. Sorry it can't boil down to actual financial support, but please accept my kind words anyhow. Please don't hesitate to post around here. You are most welcome as a fellow trials competitor and ISDE veteran too. Signed by "An admirer too shy to actually speak to you when I had he chance" Jay L.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Nicole! Good to hear from you! (Its Katy if your confused!)

When opening this topic I was absolutely gobsmacked to hear someone suggest that us girls should ride a three day event.......as if we are not capable!

I understand from reading on that it was not written in this way, but if Vix were to read it then there would be some trouble!

I agree that it is the cost of the event why many other girls do not ride, I am only able to ride by the goodwish of my sponsors and my mum and dad and as a girl it is EXTREMELY difficult to get sponsorship and even more difficult to find trials mad parents like mine!

Its not that we are not tough enough to tackle the six days but many of the girls in the UK are still at school or college so are completely skint! Maybe in a few years time when they save their money they will come along and kick some but!

HI, for all you dick heads out their you should show the women some more respect!!!!!!!.nicole bradford at her own expense finished the isdt a few years ago and finished.i rode round near her at the ssdt in 2003,she is a superb kid and very competative.as for katy sunter,she finished the scott,yes out of time but at least she got round,nuff said!!!!!!!!.

I'm a pussy and i play in a field.

never ridden the Scott or the Scottish. Haven't been disrespectful to the Lady riders either mind.

I just rode a centre trial and Kathryn Wardle and Rebecca Rennison were both riding. Both rode the hard course and both finished creditably and not last. Nothing against being last either i regularly am.

I enjoy my riding and thats enough for me.

The Lady/girl riders are all very capable riders and i think can only be good for the sport. the more the merrier.

I don't ride the Scott or the Scottish as i don't think i'm fit enough for either and would not like to take someone who is fit enoughs place up.

HI, for all you dick heads out their you should show the women some more respect!!!!!!!

how many of you trials central contributors do the scott and the scottish?,or are you all a load of pussies playing in a field?????????.

Bit unfair to group us together and call us all 'dickheads' and 'pussies'. Go back to the beginning of the thread and count up how many agreed with the original post and how many didn't! I entered the SSDT and the Scott this year and didn't finish either of the buggers - hopefully I'll get another chance in 2005 and do better :banana:

I've the utmost respect for the women that ride trials and never get p****d off when when they thrash me week in, week out. It bugs me when I hear people say "Women shouldn't ride the SSDT because they are cheating some poor bloke out of an entry". Grumpy old farts with old fashioned attitudes!!!

The ladies ride the same amount of days, same course, same weather, and have to deal with the same problems that the blokes encounter. I'm sure that most of them would admit that they aren't as physically strong as blokes. This in my eyes, shows that they have bigger balls than most blokes :banana:

HI, for all you dick heads out their

Brave statement PHYSCO, tell me have you any mates :banana::banana:

or are you all a load of pussies playing in a field?????????.

Pussies sometimes sit on the fence........I won't so my perspective on this is that, there are women who are capable of doing the SSDT and there are women that are clearly not !!! Let me explain.

I have helped drag many a woman out of a bog on "Ranoch Moor" etc. etc.

Equally there have been woman that have sailed past me on "Ranoch Moor" (They do have 20years on me!!!)

My point is the women at the top of their game are capable of riding competatively for the full 6 days, and the others that are doing it to boost their female ego in a male dominated sport.

These women know who they are in both catergories........so to those that can Well Done to the others ...don't bother it is harder than you think ;):o

how many of you trials central contributors do the scott and the scottish

Just for the record PHYSCO......SCOTT TRIAL 0, SCOTTISH....Just a few times :P

Jeez your a bit touchy arent you PHYSCO , chill out why dont you! Nobodys said the ladys shouldnt be doing the big trials, theyve got every right to and good on them.Your right not all of us have done the scottish or scott, and i never will because quite simply i dont want to, so i guess im a pussie then eh !!! :banana:

Where did all this come from :banana: I have met Nicole a few times and was just giving a little stick on the pay your own way.

I agree with Gizza some ladies are up to the task and some arn't, same goes for the blokes.

Unless they get chance to prove it to themselves and to others how will we ever know?

I think once a bloke gets married and starts a family if the finacial side of it allows he can go ride the event, not so easy for a woman to do this, she is the one left home minding the kids.

she is the one left home minding the kids.

Oh dear.......

I see a whole new thread on this. It is a very long one on the end of the needle that is stitching Ishy back together after the women have torn him to pieces.... :banana:

Oh yes - Not only are some of the girls capable of putting in a decent score in the six days - I was going to say ride but that opens up all sorts of inuendo - they've aquitted themselves pretty well on this thread too.

Unlike some blokes, Katy read and understood the original post in the context it was intended, ie; encouraging MORE girls to ride, she didn't take it as demeaning to women.

However, far be it from me to stop a good sexist slanging match :banana:

He's fishing for a big knockdown - politically correct house husband and all that.

Hit 'em with yer pinny Ishy :banana:

I don't think people quite meant it the way others have decided to take it. I didn't ride the Scott because I reckon even if I managed to make it, my bike probably wouldn't, and my wallet may take too long to recover.

I would love to do the Scottish but it would be a substitute for the family holiday and that's not on (yet :banana: )

The percentage of women riding the Scottish compared to men must be close to the percentage of women riding trials compared to men.

I'm sure most of the women in trials don't want to be pampered, so step off the "90's man" bandwagon and give 'em equal opportunities, not positive discrimination.

And what is Physco anyway? Did you mean Psycho? Should have used the Dickshunary!

Well it's the truth Woody! do you have kids,

If you do have kids, come Sunday who is riding trials and who is looking after the kids ?

When they are old enough to ride then it's a different ball game, you don't mind taking them with you then do you.

How many chaps on here can say on a Sunday they look after the kids while the wife goes off and rides the trial, and if it was the case the ladies would probably feel enough guilt afterwards to get home in good time instead of sinking a gallon of ale down pub afore they go home.