Front Axle Stuck?

onechanceeh

Lots of possibilities, easy stuff penetratig oil make sure allen bolts m6 are removed and pinch wedged open, heat very carefully, get someone who is a good mechanic to have a look, and if all else fails take forks apart hold spindle in vice and unwind fork leg? Lastly drill out, but very lastly....... difficult to pin point whats the best without being there.

Bit of horse bolted maintenence, lube the thread next time and take out every few rides.

Good luck.

My 01 250 I used to have was the same, the Axle is made out of super soft Alloy, I snapped one Allen key off and in the end the head of the Axle just started to round off with the second atempt.

You can try and impact Air Wrench, probably wreck the head of the axle but it might work.

All this was aboout the same time I had quite a few other faults with the bike so I got rid and never did get it out :banana: .

Definitely got to be worth dropping the forks out, taking the mudguard stay out and trying to un wind it using the leverage of the forks themselves.

Heat up both fork bottoms with water/heat gun/hair drier. As duckwizard says the alloys all expand at different rates, then go for it !

If the spindle breaks then at least you have two managable sized parts to take to you local machine shop.