Fitting Fork Seals & Replacing Oil

sawtooth

Just changed the fork seals and dust cover seals on my 2003 Rev3, put 350ml of oil in the leg with the spring and 370ml in the other (as per Rev3 manual). The forks feel 'ok' but they seem to have a stiff spot about half way down the travel, i'm pretty sure this wasnt there before, is there anything i should be checking? (i'm new to this by the way)

only 1 little step I can think of , maybe , Loosen the axle and all the pinch bolts up and bounch the suspension abit , so everything can settle . then tighten it all back up ...

Glenn

Will do thanks. We did notice when we put it all back together that one fork leg was a few inches longer than the other which made the front wheel axle a right pain to get back in as the bottom of the forks were nowhere near in inline, is this right?

Yes it is normal, installing the fork brace will help alot in putting the front wheel back on after servicing the forks, just leave it a little loose so you can square the forks up.

Ahh good, thanks for that :D