The Best Twinshock Ever?

jaan

hey

i had a go on the cotswold bsa and its one of the best bikes i've tried so far together with the cotswold majesty/chinese honda.

i guess no fantic or honda would come close to the way these bikes go. but idd you are right the rider is more important than the machine in trials.

regards bob

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I,m afraid i cannot recall the exact angle of the head stem but it is very close to the angle of a stock TY175. I modified the frame by running a long piece of steel bar-stock through the stem i then used a come-along attached to the down tube and the bar stock i heated the frame and slowly bent it till it was close to the TY. the hub is off a TL but the brake assembly is XL as i recall it required some slight modification th make them compatible. As for the weight, just trimming every single ounce of metal even cutting the back of the rear frame loop off, it has plastic fenders and tank as well as every possible non-structural piece being drilled or replaced with aluminum. I must warn you if you do go thrugh with the front end modifacation, if not properly set up steep down hill turns will be a problem because the bars will snap all the way over and if you have ground the steering stops down such as i did it will throw you over the bars. I will not put any promise on your results if you do any of these because it took a lot of time to get mine dialed in but I am extremely happy with how it turned out.

il try to post some photo,s later but right now my digital camera is acting up.

You still ride it/own it?

I'm very interested now. The 185 motor is now in the frame, and I see that Sammy Milller is reproducing side panels. hope you get the camera fixed soom

• 2 weeks later...