2010 Sherco

jordi

Interesting piece on the French site planetrial.com regarding next years Sherco. They claim it will have a tubular frame, a la Gas Gas and have the fuel tank under the seat with the air box in the tank position.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it is a feasable, the Greeves frame is a bit much, yet if tube type, it may well look like an Xispa! Ha, payback time!

I just hope they do not take too much meat out of the bike for the sake of weight.

As there is no perfect bike, there are things I would like to see change in the Sherco's,(andd others) but it makes little difference, as it just seems to me that over time, few of the manufactures are really interested in what the general pub have to say. All the same forces that have driven trials into the wierd looks and no seat opinions from others all along. :thumbup:

Well it is a feasable, the Greeves frame is a bit much, yet if tube type, it may well look like an Xispa! Ha, payback time!

I just hope they do not take too much meat out of the bike for the sake of weight.

As there is no perfect bike, there are things I would like to see change in the Sherco's,(andd others) but it makes little difference, as it just seems to me that over time, few of the manufactures are really interested in what the general pub have to say. All the same forces that have driven trials into the wierd looks and no seat opinions from others all along. :thumbup:

Mark, I like the weird no seat look, it gets a lot of questions.

Where is the seat, is that a hill climber, is that a speedway bike etc. I get even more when I am towing it with my Goldwing Trike.

Wayne

It was done about 20 years ago by a guy (Think it was Wilson??) who built replacement frames for Bultaco Sherpa's.

My dad bought one of those Steve Wilson bultos with the tank under the seat, it was beautiful. Chrome frame, gloss black tank and panels with white trim and yellow Bultaco decals. From what I recall the bike was very good.

BUT years later JCM copied the idea and it wasnt as successful. The first JCMs into the UK with this design had the TAU engine and whilst the lower centre of gravity and spotless filter elements worked well the downside was I could never get mine to run properly. A few years later Bon Gollner imported the Streit JCM with the Villa engine, it also had the tank under the seat but also didnt run very well. Birkett had one for a while and reckoned the problem was the distance between the filter box and the back of the carb ie when you opened the throttle it took longer for the additional air to arrive at the carb.

If Sherco are going this way I hope they get it to work but its not as easy as you might think.

I have now had time to digest all this information and have just figured out that the aft CG of the fuel tank will more than certainly put me on my ass more than I like, therefore even greater beer intake may be neccessary to balance things out! I am just not sure I can afford to loose any more weight on the bike!

All this news is totally devastating now, if I wanted to adapt to another bike I would have bought one. And none of this will help my riding! :(

Wasn't the last bike to have such an airbox set up a Cannondale motorcrosser?

And didn't it require fuel injection to overcome the running problems that Baldilocks described?

From what I recall that project never got off the ground because of the cost of developing that efi ?

Wasn't the last bike to have such an airbox set up a Cannondale motorcrosser?

And didn't it require fuel injection to overcome the running problems that Baldilocks described?

From what I recall that project never got off the ground because of the cost of developing that efi ?

Honda C90 had tank under seat and air filter up by head stock. The most common bike on the planet - eh

Honda C90 had tank under seat and air filter up by head stock. The most common bike on the planet - eh

Yea, they make fine trials bikes too! There was a you tube clip on them somewhere? Trialing!!! :(

Ahh..the good old c90 'field bike'..those were the days... ''Jumpers for goal posts''!

Having one of them was like having a fat eager girlfriend,great fun,but you didn't mention you had one in public!!

Me and my mates regularly attempted 3's up down the back of the school fields and when it got too hot and seized up we had to p**** on it to keep it cool.....the c90 I mean :(

Having one of them was like having a fat eager girlfriend,great fun, me and my mates regularly attempted 3's up down the back of the school fields and when it got too hot and seized up we had to p**** on her to keep it cool..... :(

This is what really happened !!!!!!!!

Edited by B40RT