2010 Sherco

jordi

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK let's put it this way then............

If all these ideas have been applied before and nothing is actually a new idea anymore.......

Why such an outcry and negative responses to the Xispa? (Many of these when there was only a single developmental bike)

But back to the 2010 Sherco,

should be an interesting machine if all these changes are actually done.

Personally I think that gold spindly frame on the Raga looks like crap. Push the edge!

The Beta still looks like a frigginlawn dart with wheels and won't carry fuel. Good bike!

The Mont is just still an expensive lump.

A Scorpa still works, hard!

And the Xispa may yet?

The Sherco has always been a balance of performance and reliability. Changes may be in order, hope the basics continue!

:D

OK let's put it this way then............

If all these ideas have been applied before and nothing is actually a new idea anymore.......

Why such an outcry and negative responses to the Xispa? (Many of these when there was only a single developmental bike)

....It's one thing to apply proven ideas (wheels), implement them differently (add tyres), or even improve on them (put air in the tyres), but tracing paper, even smudging it a bit, is still tracing paper.

Edited by Shercoholic

People always seem to point to the 99 bultacos/shercos & say they were gas gas copies, not surprising when the designers etc had left the company to start the new 1

But.... they seem to forget that the motors look nothing alike with the gas gas being 6 speed & physically much larger

Thing with the xispa in most peoples eyes including sherco's is that someone basically sent a sherco to china with the note make this please

If the 2010 shercos go to a oval tubular frame so what, does that mean that only beta can run alloy beam frames, sherco has to run the current type & montesa is out of luck/has to run no frame as the others were used by someone else first?

People always seem to point to the 99 bultacos/shercos & say they were gas gas copies, not surprising when the designers etc had left the company to start the new 1

But.... they seem to forget that the motors look nothing alike with the gas gas being 6 speed & physically much larger

Thing with the xispa in most peoples eyes including sherco's is that someone basically sent a sherco to china with the note make this please

If the 2010 shercos go to a oval tubular frame so what, does that mean that only beta can run alloy beam frames, sherco has to run the current type & montesa is out of luck/has to run no frame as the others were used by someone else first?

i actually think Sherco had a new bike ready a year ago, but waited till xispa had committed to production before release. Clever.

i actually think Sherco had a new bike ready a year ago, but waited till xispa had committed to production before release. Clever.

Yea, you seen any the Greeves running about? At the price/ Figure how they got Sherco motors claimed lighter? :D

How do you mean copy the GG frame ? no bugger has seen it yet, were you refering to oval tubing, like the 86 RTL ? or the tank under the seat, like a JCM, nowts new, and not a lot to work with on any trials bike, most so called new ideas have been applied before in some way or another.

Some parrot invented the wheel, it was a good idea, makes sense to use those ideas.

fair point ishy but i was referring to the first post in the thread

tubular frame a la gas gas ?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone heard any other news about the 2010 shercos? It was around this time last year they released photos etc, was probably more like the start of august though.

I agree with the guy above that they waited for the xispa release or whatever which explains the little difference for 08 to 09 models. I think I may have to dig into my secret savings acount to see if I can get my hands on one by october, I'd love a new bike!

Another question, how do you say it lol? For example before it was "Oh 8" or "Oh 9" sort of thing, will it be "Oh 10"? Its stupid but it really bugs me.

TheShercoRider Posted Today, 03:19 PM

Another question, how do you say it lol? For example before it was "Oh 8" or "Oh 9" sort of thing, will it be "Oh 10"? Its stupid but it really bugs me.

Well, I think it will be just "10". Just like every Sherco ever made was a 10!!! :wacko:

.....Just like every Sherco ever made was a 10!!! :wacko:

Does that include starting an 05 4T ??........or include the frame on the 06's :D .....having said this, as love is blind, I'm really with you on this Zippy :thumbup:

I think I'll just refer to the new baby as "The Ten"......hmmm I can see it now....."I must go and buy myself The Ten 250 today" and "I'm just popping out for a ride on the The Ten"......Hmmm...I'm getting tired of calling it that already ;)

Best of "The Ten" balances!!!

Neo