Is There Always One

chewy

Having spent numerous hours organising and setting out our club trial and being eaten alive by bugs midges ,horseflys etc tc. going through all the usual problems of access, observers etc it was gratifying for our team to get nearly 100% apreciation from riders. As usual it seems there is always one who feels the need to be different. What is the experience of other organisers? and how do you deal with these self interested types?

Having spent numerous hours organising and setting out our club trial and being eaten alive by bugs midges ,horseflys etc tc. going through all the usual problems of access, observers etc it was gratifying for our team to get nearly 100% apreciation from riders. As usual it seems there is always one who feels the need to be different. What is the experience of other organisers? and how do you deal with these self interested types?

I dont have any experience as an organiser but I think I speak for most people (except maybe 1) when I say **** them, ban them from the club, string them up by their ****'s, hang, daw, and quarter them. and call them lots of nasty names until they go away.

what was it exactly that they had a problem with?

All the best

Tom

It makes me bad to listen to these people moan. They go to a venue and complain about the conditions or the trial itself. Not all venues are ideal but we have a limited amount of places to ride and have to make the best of what there is. Active club members spend a considerable amount of their free time putting on a trial for the love of the sport, so we can ride. The people who do not appreciate this are just ungrateful, they don't deserve to ride. If they don't like it they should play a more active part in their club to improve matters.

The organisers should be applauded for their efforts.

As well as thanking the observers I always try to make a point of thanking the organisers. Without them their would be no trials.

I think I'd better get off the soap box now and calm down.

Scragg

Thanks for moral support you guys..I must be like the good shepherd trying to leave not one soul behind; it just is so selfish of these odd gits. It is not fair to the individual to "finger " him or the circumstances, although this is not the first time (out of the two occasions he has ridden in our events) when our club has had a problem with him. It's just another one of things that puts off younger generation from sticking thier head above the paraphet (whatever that is!). Happy trialing....

If there's only one I wouldn't worry too much about it. You may be able to learn from criticism though. I would suggest that my critics show me how it should be done when they put on an event. Generally the loudest critics are the ones who never put on an event.

Unfortunately there is always one. you cant please everyone so as long as you please the majority you have done your job right and well done.

A few years ago i set out a clubman trial and one section was across and round a few rocks then through a muddy gully about 3/4 yards long. one bloke had a look at it moaned that he had just bought his bike and did not want to get it too mucky and was not going to ride the trial. i bit my lip and walked away before i said something offensive. good job he could not read minds or it would of ended in a fight.

Most of the people who moan don't really understand how much work goes into a trial. the ones that really anger me are the people who complain about a section because its not the sort of section they like and complain in the hope that you change it to suit them. i listen to these peoples criticisms and the following trial put more sections in that they don't like sod em.

I do listen to what the riders say good or bad because every now and again someone brings up a good point/idea that can make an event better.