Running In A Rebuilt Engine?

I've just rebuilt my 87' garelli engine and am running it in, different people have told me different things heres what i've been told so far!!

1 tank of fuel,

3 tanks of fuel,

1 Hour riding,

10 Hours riding,

Well i've done about 3.5 hours so far and only got tommorow to go before the trial on sunday!!

Any more running in suggetions??? :D

:hyper::beer::D:D:banana2::D Coolant ? You know, ambiant air temp ... Seriously Though Heat it up , cool it off ,heat it up cool it off , Varied throttle/rpm , don't let it get too hot ... Then change the oil and go for it ... If it didn't break it won't , ride it like you like it ! And don't forget a bit of engine braking to help seat rings completly .

Glenn

PS , I've changed pistons and rings on motocrossers between heats ... What Break in ...!

Edited by axulsuv

• 2 weeks later...

I ran it in for about 7 hours changed the oil and then did the trial the next day!!!! that'll teach the bike for sitting in the side of the garage with no engine for just over a year!!!! it ran like a dream, what a bike!

C'MON TEAM GARELLI!!!!

oh, hang on it's only me who rides a garelli???? :thumbup:

I ran it in for about 7 hours changed the oil and then did the trial the next day!!!! that'll teach the bike for sitting in the side of the garage with no engine for just over a year!!!! it ran like a dream, what a bike!

C'MON TEAM GARELLI!!!!

oh, hang on it's only me who rides a garelli???? :thumbup:

What does that tell you.... it tells me you"ve been at the jenkum again. :D