Rims & Spokes

tony27

Typical yarkshireman :thumbup:

That is to strip a wheel a rebuild it again, bet you cannot do it in less than 2 hours, neither can we......properly. And we do 'em, well Hutch is in charge of the patience for them.

I had a pair rebuilt for me a few years ago by someone else, cost me

Edited by marky boy

That is to strip a wheel a rebuild it again, bet you cannot do it in less than 2 hours, neither can we......properly. And we do 'em, well Hutch is in charge of the patience for them.

I had a pair rebuilt for me a few years ago by someone else, cost me

Eh'up. No spoke torque wrench here.

Iv'e built a heap of bicycle wheels and quite a few motorcycle wheels. They were all highly regarded, no issues, and each one was built with dial gauge accuracy and only a 'pinged' spike for tone as my gauge. Once i used a Park Tools spoke tension gauge which showed me i very slightly over tensioned a wheel. Tap your motorcycle spokes with a spanner and listen for the 'ring' (make sure two crossing spokes aren't touching). each spoke should make exactly the same sound - note that different sides of a wheel may/will have a different tone as spokes are often different lengths for rim off-set.