290 Vrs 4rt

mrhickman

hey,

if you live in a hot area go for the michelin the irc is not good when its to hot, in cold and muddy conditions they are verry good,

you propably win next time a 4stroke takes some time to get used to, i changed in september last year from cota 4rt to 3.2 sherco and it took my a few weeks to get used to the new bike. If 4stroke power is new it takes even longer (i never had that problem i never rode 2strokes)

regards bob

live in southern england most trials in woods with big hills

Then use second gear a lot and learn to apply power and grip using the clutch, reguardless of rpm! Those monts will spin out! Weight back on the up's and good clutch will buy you everything! FEEL for traction! ;)

hey,

wat level do you ride?

top riders have problems with the irc (it is soft and the michelin hops a bit easier) mostly in the summer

on my tlr its irc summer and winter, on the sherco i use michelin in the summer and irc in the winter.

when temperature is above 25

My experience of the mitchies & IRC's are that a michelin wears well at expense of gri, ie harder compound. Dunlops(not used for a few years) grip well but wear quickly although still grip when worn so soft compound. IRC basically sit somewhere in the middle, wear better than dunlop & grip almost as well but grip better than michelin with wear not much behind

Personally I use IRC year round with them appearing to be best compromise for me & would seem to be the preferred tyre over here