Mudguard

1sherco1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been meaning to write something about this for some time..... If you're fortunate enough to have broken your mudguard just above the screw holds you could always do what I do......

I hope you can work it out from the photo but I've put the end of the tail underneath the seat of the tail then drilled two holes through the mounting holes. You also have to cut out the plastic flap that covers the top of the air filter. And for "mud riders" I would recommend covering or filling that gap with something. I know it looks like s**t...but I'm not out impress anyone :P

The crazy thing is I did this to my 250 a year ago and did it to my 125 four months ago. But since then both tails seem to be unbreakable!!

And in support of what cope said....I purchase a new mudguard 3 months ago but haven't had to use it ;-)

So there you have it....the Broken-Unbreakable Mudguard :D ....Sherco take note :wacko:

P1060433.jpg

Best of balance.

Neo

Use zip ties (plastic cable ties) to secure mudguard to bike instead of bolts. when crashing the zip ties break and mud guard stays nice. Unless of course it is big crash, then ya just gotta hope.

My $.02

Just ride with it if it is floppy or whatever, who cares what your bike looks like so long as it works and you enjoy yourself. Although saying that I have a bike that is frigged which makes me not enjoy myself :D

We will recognise you! :wacko: