Parky's Bultaco Sherpa 199a - Project Ride Restoration !

parky50

Hey folk's....

Here's some links to my BULTACO SHERPA 199A that I just restored for riding purposes.

1000475small.jpg

1000474small.jpg

1000484small.jpg

1000489small.jpg

1000492small.jpg

1000494small.jpg

1000503small.jpg

1000499small.jpg

I think it turned out FANTASTIC, not a museum piece, just a real classy rider !!! :wacko:

Happy Trials until next time...

So which blue did you use, and from? :wacko:

It's Rustoleum Sky Blue... the bike started out about 4 different shade of blue.

I just went with that and painted all pieces, frame, tank, fenders and side plates to match.

Edited by Parky50

Very nice but if you arent using the fox shocks I would, perhaps you might PM me about them.

Actually those are the FOX Shocks... I painted them to be more original to the bike.

I did order some new shocks as these Fox's are pretty tired. I'll shoot ya a PM if I decide to sell them.

looks good, Fox Shox should be mounted with the chamber at the top as they were on your bike originally. I have these on my 199A as well. Also if you rotate the kick start lever forward on the spline a notch or two, you will get a bit more engine rotation before the kicker hits the footpeg.

Where did you get the new fenders and the tank decals?

Bob

looks good, Fox Shox should be mounted with the chamber at the top as they were on your bike originally. I have these on my 199A as well. Also if you rotate the kick start lever forward on the spline a notch or two, you will get a bit more engine rotation before the kicker hits the footpeg.

Where did you get the new fenders and the tank decals?

Bob

Hi Bob,

Thanks for compliment and the tip on the Shox !!! I'll get them flipped over ASAP.

The new fenders came with the bike and the decals I ordered from

Hugh's Bultaco Motorcycles, they carry the fenders and a whole load of other stuff too. :wacko:

I am more amazed that you got the bike painted with it all together. Looks like some blue splotches (4th picture) on the grass :wacko:

It does look nice.

Thanks !!!

LOL... ya saw that huh ???

Better on the grass then that dang garage floor (done that before) !!!

It will mow out next week after it grows a bit... wife thinks I'm crazy. :thumbup:

Edited by Parky50

Thanks !!!

LOL... ya saw that huh ???

Better on the grass then that dang garage floor (done that before) !!!

It will mow out next week after it grows a bit... wife thinks I'm crazy. :D

Seen the Che-Zed in the back too, you are now confirmed! :wacko:

Seen the Che-Zed in the back too, you are now confirmed! :D

CZ-400 MONSTER !!! :wacko:

Yup, she is next on the list !!!

I have had it since the early 80's and have had lot's of great times with that bike.

It should be a fun restoration.

I have to find the broken shift lever spring and replace that... hope it's not too far in the case !!!