Which Of These Two Bikes Would You Buy?

bigair

Hey Clive:

I bet there is a long list of cities you rode Nationals in the 80s, that have pretty woman who all had the same reaction!!! Might have been the lingering smell of stink bombs that you tried to toss in peoples hotel rooms! :D

To be honest, I would not consider any of these to be the easiest bike to ride, as they are all "full on " steeds!

Much depends upon what you want and expect. The Sherco would still seem the middle ground here performance wise. If you go ride it and find it a handfull as compared to your other bike, you may want to consider a good 250 something. Mind you the Sherco can be tamed a bit, but a 2.9 is still a 2.9, gobs of power! Same with the others.

If you want a trail bike, a Scorps or Mont may be the ticket?

I rode a National in Bozeman back in the 80s. That is the town with of a lot of pretty woman that ignored me. Flash Back

I went to college in Bozeman. Don't feel bad......I had four years of being ignored by lots of pretty women.

BigAir Posted Today, 12:23 AM

QUOTE (No Jive @ Jul 16 2009, 06:50 PM) *

I rode a National in Bozeman back in the 80s. That is the town with of a lot of pretty woman that ignored me. Flash Back

I went to college in Bozeman. Don't feel bad......I had four years of being ignored by lots of pretty women.

This would be the reason I married my High School sweetheart. :D

I found a pretty lady that would pay attention to me and was also dumb enough......cough cough I mean kind enough to look past my faults and love me for the good things I have to offer. So I stuck a ring on her finger and kept her. :wacko:

(she really is basically an angel to be able to put up with me)

As for the bikes......Hmmmmmmmm.

I know some swear by the Gassers others Shercos.

Buddy has an 04 300 Gasser, he has had some bits and pieces break but I am not sure if that is bike related or rider related.

The Sherco may have been given new tires just as a selling point.

I would lean toward the Sherco if you can swing the cash.

But in your budget range I think the gasser would be a good choice also.

I just don't personally like the Beta's, I don't know why just think they are weird, also cannot remove fuel tank to work on engine or radiator..

All trials bikes have their quirks (read different bits that tend to break) but if they are all looked after properly then generally they are all pretty robust.

Just my 2 cents,

Are you anywhere near Tom Jungst?

Personally I'd choose the Beta, for me it's more comfortable and the build quality is excellent.

Try to find one of each brand at a trial and ride each one. Different strokes.....different folks.

Are you anywhere near Tom Jungst?

I had no idea who you were talking about, until I seen his name on the Sherco dealer list. I live less than hour away from him. Why do you ask? Is he someone I should give a call to?

• 2 weeks later...

Still looking. Neither of those bikes seemed like exactly what I was looking for.

How about this one:

"2004 Beta Rev3 270cc

I have decided to sell my Beta in order to pay some bills and buy a supermoto converion set-up for my 690 Enduro. The bike is in awesome condition and has only been riden in a few trials events and few practice days. I have always taken extremely good care of it (maintenance, ridden carefully, storage....).

The bike is completely stock except for metal bar ends.

$3250 obo"

Personally, I dont think its a genuine 08, it may be 07 with 08 plastics and graphics, look at the forks in the video, the 08 had black kevlar wraps, they dont... also, a light season, yet he's managed to break the front mudguard to the point where it needs a replacement from another bike? Those mudguards dont break easily!

I may be wrong but I smell a rat.

It is just missing the bottom stickers on both sides, I reckon anyway, the 08 was the first year to come with the black yokes, the 07 had silver ones. I wouldn't worry about one broken front mudguard it easy to break them when they are new.

And as for the tyres needing to be replaced, I'm on my 4th front tyre and god knows how many back tyre I've had on this year, if your really competitive you'll be changing to a new edge after every event sometimes you can do two.