Duluth Dvd 04

Just received my 04 Duluth world round DVD, only watched the first day so far, but what a cracking trial.

The rain may of spoiled it for the spectator, but the sections were brilliant in those condition.

Doug, looked to be riding spot on, the crash and a five after, that! I would of put down to being shook up by the crash, then a chain off between two little rocks in a stream, just wasn't going to be his day no matter what he did.

Best looking trial English type trial I have seen in another country, won't miss 05 thats for sure.

Ho and get the DVD by trials TV, well worth it!! yours is on the way Kinnel.

I want to see the part where that ringo guy gets kicked out.

I suppose you want to take notes to see how you can improve on that in order to attempt to be the second man ever kicked out of a Duluth World Round?

You sure you can deal with the rath of certain high ranking trials officials?

How about being disowned by your closest friends?

The rumors spread about your criminal intent goes beyond your wildest dreams to the extent that the entire world thinks your some kind of deranged lunatic. {not confirming or denying ;) }

The "wanted dead or alive" posters sure to be at the next event?

All this and

"I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING" :lol:

I was just f**ing with you . My group was at the easy rider section for a long time and got a good spot to see the top riders and some ahole with a press pass slips under the ribon and stands up in front of us blocking are view it p****d off alot of guys . When that guy tryed to step back over the tape my kid pulled up on it and triped the jerk .

When that guy tryed to step back over the tape my kid pulled up on it and  triped the jerk .

Yeah, that's it. When I fell I was knocked unconscience. I woke up and was sitting in the rental van at the bottom of a hill stuck in the mud and there was a swat team with guns leveled at me. The helicoptor above was yelling at me to release the strippers and no one would get hurt. I turned around to see the van was full of ladies from the four different clubs we visited the night before all passed out from sheer exhaustion.

***It wasn't me***

Someone set this whole thing up to bring down the Ringmaster.

*** I DON'T REMEMBER ANYTHING***

I did not say it was you. this guy did not have on that flower shirt

This is great! If (and it's looking more like "when" right now) I come to Duluth next year, all I have to do is wear a loud hawaiin shirt (I've got a couple of them!) and Ringo gets the blame for anything I do! Cooool! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Got to have my first view of the Duluth Round from 04 tonight! Wow! For my money, and in my opinion, the conditions in that event helped make it one of the best events I have watched on DVD in many recent years.

One thing I have to say after watching it! I'm a re-newed Dougie Lampkin fan! That's right. For many years I've been calling for Raga to take the title, but, after carefully watching all the rider's in that event, there is NO ONE who can hold a candle to Doug. He is still by far the best rider in the world in those conditions. Fuji has gotten much better, no doubt. But, Doug is in a class by himself. It seemed only perhaps that Fuji wanted it a little bit more on the day than Doug! He did for sure have a bad string of luck!

I also think that the first year AFTER you have won a title is the hardest out of all. For years you have been the one chasing the #1 rider. Now, all of a sudden, you are the #1 rider! It will be interesting to see how Fuji handles that! I believe that if Doug is healthy, and hungry again, he can take the title back!

Another though came to mind when watching that event! There were only 16 riders entered. Granted, it would be a lot higher if it was held in Europe, but still way lower than in past years. I believe that in order to get more riders entering at the world and National level, we need to go back to the roots of the sport. Much like the way that the SSDT has seen a renewed popularity because of going back to no-stop, no nonsense, straight forward sections, how about going back to the days where it was actually a test of rider versus terrain! Not, rider and his 4 or 5 minders! How different would things be and sections be able to take more points with out having to be as difficult as they are today, if rider's were not allowed to have any minder's?? Just some food for thought! What do you think?

Cheers, Steve

I have few thoughts about trials coaches (minders). Personally I would have a very tough time listening to someone standing on the ground telling me how to ride my bike. If that minder thinks he can do so much better, he can get on a bike and show me how it is done. But I am stuborn and pig headed, and believe the sport is 1 person and 1 bike conquering the section. (or in my case 1 person 1 bike and many foot prints)

I do believe in asking other riders for opinions and techniques, but to have somebody yelling at me when in competition no thanks.